2015 GT makes 1,400+ rwhp with twins

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
We put an entire supercharger kit on my last gto in shibbys garage with normal hand tools and jacks. Including wiring up the electric water pump for the air to water intercooler and everything.

The kit is not the problem when it comes to the install. Building the engine yourself is where all the special odds and ends tools come into play.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Exactly a fucking BUILT bottom end is not exactly bolt ons and hand tools that's my point........

Honestly a 1000whp car on 100% stock engine with NO built bottom end with a truly bolt on turbo kit that doesn't involve taking the engine out is more impressive to me. Stuffing a built bottom end that requires thousands of more dollars and work it should be expected to see a pretty big gain combined with larger turbos too vs. the 1000whp setup.

9s on 100% stock engine and truly bolt on kit is fucking impressive. It gets exponentially harder and more expensive to start shaving time after that, which is made obvious here when you start having to throw built engines into the car.......

Just to play devils advocate here doesn't the GT500 have a stronger bottom end? Wonder have far over the 4 digit mark a GT500 could be pushed before you need to go down the built bottom end route?

Considering the 07-10 5.4 GT500s have came down under 30k in price too.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Cmon dude built engines can be put in with basic hand tools now? No lift needed, Nope, nope nothing but just slappin on a twin turbo kit with a fist full of hand tools right?

Putting a motor in most cars requires no special tools. I know plenty of "car people" that are capable of installing engines, turbos, superchargers, headers, K members, rear ends and transmissions in their garage and driveway. I have never uses a lift to put a engine in a car. Gets some skills son.

And less mods than a HCI LS car? Ummmm yeah everything except that MMR Built bottom end. Sure drinking that koolaide...... :rofl:

The built bottom end is a stock block, stock crank with rods, pistons and ARP hardware. We are not talking a whole lot of parts. Like I said, a LS car would most likely need all aftermarket parts. Basically nothing a stock production motor would be used. Nothing.

This car has a turbo, a fuel system, and short block. Those are three things. Heads, cam and intake is three things. I am exaggerating a bit as yes. I think most would know this. Others like you I guess not.

We all get that its 1400hp car but here again I don't want you :ford: :nutz: going around acting like its a weekend job built with pennies and peanuts.
For some people it may be. For others not so much. That is besides the point. For the money spent and mods done this car is making incredible power for the money. If you want to argue that, well no one here would be surprised. You like argue on here.

Go build any other car, make 1400hp with less mods and money. Then show us how easy it was. If you can do it for less than what was added to this car EVERYONE here will praise you too. Because that would be an accomplishment.

That car was raced last season too for Melissa Urist on the smaller turbos.

Again, welcome to several post ago.

That is basically how I bet most people feel when you post here.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Exactly a fucking BUILT bottom end is not exactly bolt ons and hand tools that's my point........

Honestly a 1000whp car on 100% stock engine with NO built bottom end with a truly bolt on turbo kit that doesn't involve taking the engine out is more impressive to me. Stuffing a built bottom end that requires thousands of more dollars and work it should be expected to see a pretty big gain combined with larger turbos too vs. the 1000whp setup.

9s on 100% stock engine and truly bolt on kit is fucking impressive. It gets exponentially harder and more expensive to start shaving time after that, which is made obvious here when you start having to throw built engines into the car.......

Just to play devils advocate here doesn't the GT500 have a stronger bottom end? Wonder have far over the 4 digit mark a GT500 could be pushed before you need to go down the built bottom end route?

Considering the 07-10 5.4 GT500s have came down under 30k in price too.

Very few production n/a motors produced would make 1000+ hp reliably with boost. Not sure there is one. A engine designed to make 435hp isn't going to come with parts to make 1500+ hp. For many reasons. So get off the fact that this car has rods, pistons and ARP bolts in it. It is a lame excuse to try and cut this down.

GT500 is a boosted car. It too would not survive making 800+ hp. Already been proven. The rods and pistons are not that strong. The 03/04 Cobra had a stronger stock bottom end. So even a GT500 would need a aftermarket rod and piston in it. I doubt a Supercar like the GTR would make that kind of power reliably on a stock motor.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Putting a motor in most cars requires no special tools. I know plenty of "car people" that are capable of installing engines, turbos, superchargers, headers, K members, rear ends and transmissions in their garage and driveway. I have never uses a lift to put a engine in a car. Gets some skills son.

Need a lift is my point. Not so much hand tools is it? Can you put and engine in and a K member in without a lift?

The built bottom end is a stock block, stock crank with rods, pistons and ARP hardware. We are not talking a whole lot of parts. Like I said, a LS car would most likely need all aftermarket parts. Basically nothing a stock production motor would be used. Nothing.

Where does it say them pistons are stock? Im pretty sure them pistons were changed. Are they same compression ratio? Your obviously leaving shit out to make it seem like its a cupcake walk in the park and an afternoon job to built a 1400hp mustang. You said it was hellion kit and build bottom end but never said it was
A. Raced the season before.
B. Built bottom end done by MMR. (yes you said it was built but not by who.
C. How much time do you think they have tuning and sorting out that car? Again its not a cupcake walk in the park weekend job built with pennies and peanuts.

This car has a turbo, a fuel system, and short block. Those are three things. Heads, cam and intake is three things. I am exaggerating a bit as yes. I think most would know this. Others like you I guess not.

The point was not to bust your balls but to point out what is TRULY needed to reach this level @ 1400hp.

For some people it may be. For others not so much. That is besides the point. For the money spent and mods done this car is making incredible power for the money. If you want to argue that, well no one here would be surprised. You like argue on here.

Ive said in this very thread I doubt anything else can be built that's this new and makes this amount of HP for less money. Maybe you just read what you want and dismiss points that this is NOT a bolt on affair.

Go build any other car, make 1400hp with less mods and money. Then show us how easy it was. If you can do it for less than what was added to this car EVERYONE here will praise you too. Because that would be an accomplishment.

The posts about it being a race car used last season and built bottom end is to point out how far from an easy bolt on hand tool affair you try to make it out to be.

Again, welcome to several post ago.

That is basically how I bet most people feel when you post here.

The cars impressive for the cost no doubt but again don't want the :ford: :nutz: walking around like this is a cup cake walk in the park job. A fuck ton of time and money has been spent on this car during the previous race season it was raced in. The current 1400hp setup is improvements made to the previous seasons setup.

My whole problem with the posts ive quoted from you is that you sure are down playing how easy it is like its bolt on, BUT ITS NOT, requires only hand tools BUT ITS DOESN'T.

FACT IS THIS IS A COMPANY VENDOR RACE CAR AND BEING USED AS SUCH, NOT THE AVERAGE DO IT YOURSELF GARAGE BUILD.....

:io:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Very few production n/a motors produced would make 1000+ hp reliably with boost. Not sure there is one. A engine designed to make 435hp isn't going to come with parts to make 1500+ hp. For many reasons. So get off the fact that this car has rods, pistons and ARP bolts in it. It is a lame excuse to try and cut this down.

GT500 is a boosted car. It too would not survive making 800+ hp. Already been proven. The rods and pistons are not that strong. The 03/04 Cobra had a stronger stock bottom end. So even a GT500 would need a aftermarket rod and piston in it. I doubt a Supercar like the GTR would make that kind of power reliably on a stock motor.

:rofl: See my problem with your kool aide drinking? Your post directly before this you said

"The built bottom end is a stock block, stock crank with rods, pistons and ARP hardware. We are not talking a whole lot of parts. Like I said, a LS car would most likely need all aftermarket parts. Basically nothing a stock production motor would be used. Nothing."

So does it have stock rods and pistons in it or not? You sure are all over the place when someone points out EVERYYTHING THATS REQUIRED.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Dude you are so lost. The kit is a bolt on deal. The kit requires no cutting or special tools other than a punch and tap for the oil return. Which they include.

The only changes made from what the car made before was the turbo swap. Nothing else. Same intercooler, same tubing, and so on. Do you know how turbos work?

This may be over your head. But I guarantee you many members of this site would install this turbo kit, in their garage, with the tools they already own.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
:rofl: See my problem with your kool aide drinking? Your post directly before this you said

"The built bottom end is a stock block, stock crank with rods, pistons and ARP hardware. We are not talking a whole lot of parts. Like I said, a LS car would most likely need all aftermarket parts. Basically nothing a stock production motor would be used. Nothing."

So does it have stock rods and pistons in it or not? You sure are all over the place when someone points out EVERYYTHING THATS REQUIRED.

WTF are you talking about? I said that the built short block uses a stock block, stock crank. And that it has pistons, rods and hardware in it.

Show me a production n/a engine that would hold up to 1500+ hp once boosted. I will wait. The rods and pistons are a nessessity. Not sure why you don't understand this. I don't know what your malfunction is.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Good job you are talking about the turbo kit being bolt on I agree its is.

BUILT FUCKING BOTTOM END AKA THE FUCKING THING AS TO COME OUT not so much bolt ons and hand tools.... :rofl:

Soooo angry from all that koolaide :rofl:

Pulling a motor out of a mustang requires no special tools. Please explain what special tools are needed to remove and install a engine in a mustang. Because you must know more than me who has done it!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
NOONE ever said you had to build the MMR short block.

OK, No backyard mechanic owns machinery to machine the block, crank and so on. You got me there. :picard: When you say it has a MMR short block it is assumed the short block was machined and assembled by MMR. You dolt.

It is built by John and Melissa. It is something that anyone else could easily replicate. There is nothing special about her car. Not yet at least.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
YAYYYYYYYY Now your almost on the same page that its not simply bolt on hand tool affair. That was my only point from the get go.

Good Job Im proud of you for finally admitting what is fully needed to duplicate this setup.

:rofl:

1000whp on stock bottom end and a bolt on only turbo kit is more impressive to me than the built bottom end setup. :dunno:

I think he is trying to say the Block comes assembled. Much like if I ordered an engine from Texas speed for the trans am. No special ring compressors needed or tools to measure bore. You bolt everything on the block drop it in and go.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Yes I know. Again that's why the bolt on only turbo kit making 4 digit hp impresses me more. NO LIFT REQUIRED, NO ENGINE REMOVAL REQUIRED, NO 7k BUILT BOTTOM END REQUIRED............

People do this all the time with stock 5.3 engines for LS applications. The engines do not last though. If you want to do it the correct way you gotta pay to play. Forged is the only way to go and its not cheap. Especially on a brand new application

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
When you compare that cost to what 1400 HP costs in a GTR or Lambo it is worth it.

Hell this is going to be a fantastic way to go in a few years. Let the car depreciate and pick one up with some miles on it. Drop the new engine in the car, drop the turbo kit in, tune it and boom you have a 1400HP car for slightly above what the brand new stock car costed from Ford.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info