2015 GT makes 1,400+ rwhp with twins

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
New cars make me even question why I am sinking money into mine anymore lol.

Why bother throwing more money at my car when new cars come out of the box running 10s. or can run 10s with a tire, some small suspension, and maybe some low dollar bolt ons. lol

Wanna run 9s? Ok add a baby shot of nitrous on top of that. Lol. I hate my life

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
They sell better half shafts and the 6r80 already does good in stock form , but Exedy already makes clutch kits too . Youre gonna burn a trans up any way you look at it due to slipping and heat . Would be better to prepare for it and also change that fluid regularly .

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
1,416-Horsepower 2015 Mustang | SVTPerformance

let me expose this a little more.

should be mentioned that this car was built by hellion power systems.

Urist is one of if not theeee best around for turbo fords.

turbo kit alone is wait for it............

http://hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/turbo-systems/209

11k with the 64mm turbos. :eek3: (64mm turbos is a 2100 dollar upgrade)

now were talking about a 1/3rd the price of the car. (barely used 2015s ive seen on ebay for under 30k)

not taking away from the 1400whp car. but lets be clear 4 digit hp is still 5 figure price tags to get there. plus whatever that built mmr short block engine cost.........

just making sure its all out in the open because people sure bust my balls about 6th gen camaro shiz.......

slightly less impressive once you figure in mid teens 5 figure money to get there....... :chair:

:s00ls:

:ford:

:io:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The turbo kit and pricing was already brought up in the conversation. Thanks for catching up. :s00ls:

Look back at the posts about what you would have to do and spend to make a LSX car make that kind of power. You would have to buy a while lot more to do it. As you couldn't even use any stock parts.

It is a new model. Everything is expensive for it. When the 2011 GT came out a Paxton kit was 9k. Now they are out there for just over 4500. Yes, the turbo kit isn't cheap. Building a 1400 hp combo isn't cheap. No one ever said it was. I know guys that had Speed Inc build them turbo kits that cost much more than that Hellion kit.

With the help of friends I built a 1000+ hp proven combo in the garage. Starting with a relatively cheap car. I can say I had probably just as much in my car as they have into this 2015 GT. Including the price of the car. And this car makes 400-500 hp more than mine did! On mostly stock stuff.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I had about the same money into a 3800 build that made less than half as much power, building things the right way is never cheap, the fact that this is a kit, an off the shelf kit that makes this much power on mostly stock parts is the cool part, yeah it's not cheap but it's not taking the car to a fab shop and waiting years for a 1400hp build either

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
1,416-Horsepower 2015 Mustang | SVTPerformance

let me expose this a little more.

should be mentioned that this car was built by hellion power systems.

Urist is one of if not theeee best around for turbo fords.

turbo kit alone is wait for it............

http://hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/turbo-systems/209

11k with the 64mm turbos. :eek3: (64mm turbos is a 2100 dollar upgrade)

now were talking about a 1/3rd the price of the car. (barely used 2015s ive seen on ebay for under 30k)

not taking away from the 1400whp car. but lets be clear 4 digit hp is still 5 figure price tags to get there. plus whatever that built mmr short block engine cost.........

just making sure its all out in the open because people sure bust my balls about 6th gen camaro shiz.......

slightly less impressive once you figure in mid teens 5 figure money to get there....... :chair:

:s00ls:

:ford:

:io:

Wait, it takes money to make horsepower. Wow I am enlightened! I feel so stupid not knowing that.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Wait, it takes money to make horsepower. Wow I am enlightened! I feel so stupid not knowing that.

way to totally miss the sarcasim.......... yes i highly doubt anything else can be built with that much hp in that new of a car for that price.

just dont want the :ford: :nutz: around here making it seem like it was built with pennies and peanuts. that car still has close to if not over 20k into it.

even so again can anything else be built for under what lets just say 60k for that amount of hp? doubt it.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Parts for a 02 TA are cheaper. But to make that kind of power you need ALL of them. Block, rotating assembly, heads, intake, cam, stand alone ECU, TH400, driveshaft, Dana 60 or 12 bolt rear end, fuel system and so on. Price of the car aside you are talking a LOT more money to build that 02 TA. If you can't do a motor assembly then it is going to cost the same. Shop hourly rates are not going to change. That 02 TA would cost more at the shop due to the fact that the shop has a lot more to install onto it.

This is a bolt on kit. Anyone should be able to bolt this thing onto their car with basic hand tools. I am sure people planning on making this kind of power have the know how to swap out a long block as well.

This car probably has less modifications as the typical HCI LS car has. Seriously

Cmon dude built engines can be put in with basic hand tools now? And less mods than a HCI LS car? Ummmm yeah everything except that MMR Built bottom end. Sure drinking that koolaide...... :rofl:

No lift needed, Nope, nope nothing but just slappin on a twin turbo kit with a fist full of hand tools right?

:picard:

We all get that its 1400hp car but here again I don't want you :ford: :nutz: going around acting like its a weekend job built with pennies and peanuts.

That car was raced last season too for Melissa Urist on the smaller turbos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info