• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical 2014 Kia Sportage turbo low power. CEL

Oct 27, 2021
I’m posting this I guess both as asking for help and possibly as a solution for others if what I do after work today fixes the issue. I have a 2014 sportage (sx I think?). Whatever it is it has the t-gdi which I believe is 2.0 turbo. Anyhow I went to go get it emissions tested Saturday morning and started it up to find a CEL on. (Thanks for letting me know wife) I read the codes and it had p2565 and p2562. Both codes for turbo boost control circuit. The car seemed to drive fine so I cleared CEL and drove the car. Seemed a little sluggish down low but would still put you back in your seat when you got on it. I did some research and it seemed the solution on similar cases was to adjust the waste gate actuator. No big deal. I drove the car to work this morning to do so after work and see if the CEL returned. Only thing is on the drive in this morning the car was absolutely gutless. Had no power and seemed like it had no boost at all now. On Saturday I moved the waste gate actuator by hand so it didn’t seem like it was stuck at the time but maybe it is now? The car would down shift on any incline or long flat stretch with the cruise set. I’ll check it out after work today and still adjust the waste gate actuator if it needs it and if the waste gate isn’t stuck now. Anyone else have experience with this issue? Any advice is appreciated, otherwise I’ll update later if an adjustment fixes the issue. Lack of Performance this morning just seemed a little extreme for just needing an adjustment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Heavywrenching
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list