• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical 2013 Tahoe won’t pass emissions?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
The check engine light for the rich codes has been off for a few weeks now. That’s issue was just the fuel content sensor needing to be reset.
So I said I’m the truck with a scanner for a half hour liking at the O2’s, cat converter efficiency and bunches of other stuff.
the O2 sensors read perfect, upstream are bouncing around, down stream are bouncing between .6 and .8 volt. Scanner says the cat efficiency is 99.2%. I don’t think the converters are bad and that was just a worst possible case idea. LTFT was holding stead at -7% and STFT is near 0 after I cleaned the MAF sensor that was crazy dirty.

I get a tighten gas cap message in the morning but the Evap monitor passes every time so I don’t think it’s an issue. Might get that looked at later but for now I don’t care

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
So it’s been a couple more weeks and cat monitor is still not complete. I have changed the 02 sensors, all of them. Gained a couple mpg from doing that. Fuel trims are looking really good. They are with in 5% either way so I can’t ask for much better then that. We are driving to New York this coming weekend and I’m not sure if I should pull the battery cable to do a hard reset of the computer before the trip or just let it be. I’m about to buy HP Tuners are force this thing to pass emissions.

P.S. I did some work to the EVAP system and I have not had the tighten gas cap message in a week. Also, I had a permanent code for an EVAP leak and that had since cleared Itself out.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I did the hard reset by disconnecting the battery for a couple hours a few days before our trip. Drove the truck to work a few times then went on our 1800 mile trip to New York and back with a couple detours along the way. Guess way. Catalytic monitor is still not ready. I give up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info