• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2013 Shelby GT500 Baseline Dyno - First Independent Dyno Video on YouTube - Livernois

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I was just reading on SVTP that it appears the 13GT500 TVS blower bolts directly up to the 07-12GT500 lower manafold. And someone priced out the blower and elbow from FRPP and its like $2k shipped. Not a bad deal. That means you can make 600rwhp with that blower and a pulley for around $2k. Great deal. This is making getting a 12GT500 much more attractive. And I can get one for X plan. I called on a 13 yesterday, and the asshat dealer wanted $12k over sticker for it. Here we go again.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I was just reading on SVTP that it appears the 13GT500 TVS blower bolts directly up to the 07-12GT500 lower manafold. And someone priced out the blower and elbow from FRPP and its like $2k shipped. Not a bad deal. That means you can make 600rwhp with that blower and a pulley for around $2k. Great deal. This is making getting a 12GT500 much more attractive. And I can get one for X plan. I called on a 13 yesterday, and the asshat dealer wanted $12k over sticker for it. Here we go again.

12k over is a lot of $$$$$$

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
There are substantial differences between a '12 GT500 and a '13 GT500 powertrain besides just the blower that sits atop the motor. Most of them seem to be related to longevity/durability at the elevated power levels. Just something to consider when comparing the two models.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
There are substantial differences between a '12 GT500 and a '13 GT500 powertrain besides just the blower that sits atop the motor. Most of them seem to be related to longevity/durability at the elevated power levels. Just something to consider when comparing the two models.

Yeah I know. But the 07-12 cars have been tried and true tested by the masses for years now. And with a TS blower like a whipple 2.9, at the 650ish rwhp level, they can run that all day everyda. I like the concep t of the 13 coming from ford with close to those power levels, but you can get there with aftermarket for much less. And thats because of the stupid add prices dealers want to charge. If I could get a 13 for xplan, I would rather have that.

Beast, I may tap you to source me a new 12gt500. I want anything but black or white, and has to have Nav, recaros and the SVTPP. As for the clear roof, I am open to it. But I still dont know if it adds weight....?

Colors in order of want:

grabber blue
race red
silver
dark gray

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
First '13 I know of that got tuned picked up about 40rwhp. Not surprising after seeing how the GT is de tuned in factory form.

Not just the drivetrain. Talking to Mr. Hameedi he told me what they changed. Basically they whole car has been re engineered. It is VERY different than the older cars. The drivetrain gets a lot of press of course. But the thinking into some pretty small things was impressive.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
That's damn impressive. I guess the only thing I don't get is why underrate it? Why not advertise the higher hp #'s and have the bragging rights?

I think the main thing it to not have issues with an aggressive tune. Bad gas and you can have a warranty claim on a motor. I also think it gives them room to add power ratings year after year with out any hardware changes. Simple tune change and it can be rated at 670hp. And 680 the year after it. As well as plenty of other reasons I am sure.

But with a 10% driveline loss is very impressive. Or the motor makes more than 662hp it is rated at. More like 700hp. lol

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Mook, I don't make you look like an idiot. You do that all on your own. haha

The gas guzzler is based on MPG. According to Wiki it is 22.5 mpg. This is a average based on a specific test I am sure.

Obviously driving normal you will be able to get good gas mileage in this thing. Traveling on the highway triple digit speeds on the other hand will not. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info