2013 Ford C-Max Energi

For sale is a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi with 112K miles. Being an Energi means it is Ford’s plug in hybrid model with same drive train as the Fusion which is a 2.0l 4 cyl engine and CVT transmission with an embedded 118hp electric motor connected to 17.6kwh battery. The car has 3 modes of operation that you can control. It can operate as a pure EV with a range of 20+ miles, or it the car’s computer can switch between the EV and hybrid or you can select hybrid only use (saving EV range for later use) where you can get 40-45mpg.

This car is black with tan leather interior. It has all power options plus heated seats, dual zone climate control, MyTouch with 8” screen, rear wiper and rear back up sensors.
I took it to Ford to do all the recalls which included new charge cord, 4 door latches and oil change. I also had the modem updated so the car communicates with the MyFord app where you can display or control many of the car’s functions including preheating or precooling the car while plugged up having the car already cozy when you get in and saving battery or gas when you start out.

The hybrid/Energi transmissions had a bearing issues in the 2013-early 2015 transmissions (TSB) and this one had a whine. I bought a late 2015 trans from LKQ with upgraded bearing and had a Ford hybrid tech replace it and update PCM and several other modules to the latest strategy. In the process had alignment and Freon recharged.

This car has plenty of headroom within a smaller wheelbase so it’s a great commuter car. With 20+ miles of EV range you can drive errands/to work in EV silence and recharge at public stations/home or continue in hybrid mode without charging. It comes with the new upgraded Ford 120v charging cord but I use a 220v universal charge cord that takes under 2 hours to fully recharge from 0.

My son bought this about 4 months ago and put on 5k then was going to trade it in for a new Escape (can't keep a car long) but I rescued it and freshened it up at Ford with new rear wheel bearing, horn and wiper blades and new carpeted floor mats. Car has 2 fobs and with MyPass so you can restrict speed and/or music sound levels for younger drivers.

Only issues are a small dent dent on driver’s front fender and it will need tires soon.

Car is $5500

Contact me at 773 879-zero681 or rowekmr (at) aol.com

Pictures will be posted soon.

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
IMG_8580.JPG
IMG_8584.JPG
IMG_8598.JPG
IMG_8599.JPG
IMG_8602.JPG