2012 Ford Focus Electric

Up for sale is a 2012 Ford Focus Electric. I’ll start out by saying it is a very unique vehicle with a unique past. It is a full electric car (no hybrid) with 47k miles and has cloth heated seats, dual zone climate control, Microsoft Sync with Bluetooth and voice control, Navigation and rear back up camera and sensors.

The car is still covered under the 8yr/100k Ford electric warranty good through Oct 2020 or 100k. On the door sill there is a buy back sticker showing Ford had to buy it back and fix something which I couldn’t find on the history report. I had a 2013 Fusion Energi (plug in hybrid) that was also a buyback and I didn’t have any issues and passed it on to my parents who continue to drive it now.

This electric vehicle came from auction in MN and had what I thought was accident damage but when I got it but turns out there was more serious incident inside the car. Car had 2 small holes in roof (8mm to be exact) that was professionally repaired. Car has a clean IL title in my name.

Car had biohazard clean up by professionals to be on the safe side and needed a replacement Ford charging cord which I got online will be replaced by new Ford cord under recall. New car reviews show it has 75 mile range but with electrics it depends on how it is driven, stopped (regenerative braking) and how many accessories on (heat or ac) and of course the terrain. I have gone 59 miles and had 17 left mainly expressway. The more city driving the higher the range. It’s unique driving with no engine noise or vibrations only the slight hum of the electronics.

Car has recent tires with Nitrogen inflation and 2 dents on the front fenders.

The included Ford charger only needs 120v and can charge it overnight at home. There are Type II 220v chargers that cut the charge time in 1/3 they typically charge 15 miles for every hour plugged in. This would be a great commuter car for those working within 30 miles of their job. You could of course more than double that if your job parking lot has a plug in for EV’s. No more gas stations, oil changes, trans fluid changes, etc...

Only issues is car has 2 small dents on front fender. It is also missing passenger side view mirror cap but I hope to have one on this week.

Ford has MyFord app for these cars that allows you to track and control many factors of the car’s operations and charging. Here’s a link:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/myford-mobile/id599142823

Car was going to become my work commuter but got too many vehicles.
TCG Price $5500

New Car Review:
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15119482/2012-ford-focus-electric-instrumented-test-review/

Contact Joe at 773 879-zero681 or rowekmr (at) aol.com for any questions. Will post pics soon.

Last edited:

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
IMG_3299.JPG
IMG_3303.JPG
IMG_3306.JPG
IMG_3307.JPG
IMG_3313.JPG
IMG_3320.JPG
IMG_3322.JPG