• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2011 V6 Mustang w/ Auto Runs 13.17@107 mph

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I've also got wider stickier tires and a roof rack with a bike usually on top.

Get over it. It's not like you OWN a v6 mustang do you? How do you know he doesn't get what he says? Maybe he drives on the highway all day long and then goes home. He said average not mixed city and highway :roflpicard:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I've also got wider stickier tires and a roof rack with a bike usually on top.

Get over it. It's not like you OWN a v6 mustang do you? How do you know he doesn't get what he says? Maybe he drives on the highway all day long and then goes home. He said average not mixed city and highway :roflpicard:

There was hell to pay when someone said an SRT8 Charger managed this kind of MPG. :rofl:

I think him bringing up a 5 month old thread with a false MPG claim is pointless :ugh:

S

Soulonfire11

Hmm well when you tune a car you make it much more efficent especially since I did 90 percent highway driving. You sir need to stop googling shit and posting car and driver specs on the internet.

Also that v6 mustang was not stock. A 4.10 gear is a huge difference compared to stock, and with a v8s torque compared to a v6s the multiplication of power to the wheels will be more. So essensially if you were you put a 4.10 in a gto you would wield greater results, but the everyday drivability and gas mileage would suffer much worse on the v6.

A completely stock car has absolutely no modifications, right off the showroom floor. Id like to see what a bone stock v6 stang would run with the stock 3.23 gears and street tires....

And fuck man I made 430/405 to the wheels in that gto once I put a cam headers and exhaust and ran an 11.8 with drag radials. So call it slow or shitty or whatever but real life facts are facts.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
BOOM roasted

He still hasn't proven anything :dunno:

And whoop-de-do, he runs an 11.8 in a cammed auto GTO on a radial, am I supposed to be impressed?

I'm still more impressed by the V-6 mustang with primarily a gear and tune nearly kissing 12's than I am by his 400+hp cammed GTO running 11's on a tire.

I also made a point to say that on strictly highway 27mpg was more believable. He confirmed now that he did mostly highway driving.

I managed nearly 20mpg out of my blown V-8 ranger on 4.10's to/from Byron. Consumer Guide got 12.4 out of the same engine on 3.73's in an explorer.

But my truck (Like GTO's) get annihilated in stop/go MPG wise.

A completely stock car has absolutely no modifications, right off the showroom floor. Id like to see what a bone stock v6 stang would run with the stock 3.23 gears and street tires....

13.7 @ 102.

S

Soulonfire11

Its not ment to impress, dont tell me what my cars can and cant do and try and discredit me based on you ungodly knowledge of GTOs.

And never once did i say the new v6 was bad and I am veryimpressed, but what Im saying is it has less potential then a v8 car. Like how you will get more power out of a v8 by adding headers, then a v6. Even adding cams ect you will net high gains from a v8. Just look at the 350zs as an example. You barely can find one with stock cubes with over 400whp N/A.

Id love to see the weight reduction on the cars also, because thats very important

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
And never once did i say the new v6 was bad and I am veryimpressed, but what Im saying is it has less potential then a v8 car. Like how you will get more power out of a v8 by adding headers, then a v6. Even adding cams ect you will net high gains from a v8. Just look at the 350zs as an example. You barely can find one with stock cubes with over 400whp N/A.

Your post came off as a "My car is faster and gets the same MPG as a V-6 mustang, what's the big deal" kinda thing. Especially since the thread has been dead for 5 months.

I apologize.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
He still hasn't proven anything :dunno:

And whoop-de-do, he runs an 11.8 in a cammed auto GTO on a radial, am I supposed to be impressed?

I'm still more impressed by the V-6 mustang with primarily a gear and tune nearly kissing 12's than I am by his 400+hp cammed GTO running 11's on a tire.

I also made a point to say that on strictly highway 27mpg was more believable. He confirmed now that he did mostly highway driving.

I managed nearly 20mpg out of my blown V-8 ranger on 4.10's to/from Byron. Consumer Guide got 12.4 out of the same engine on 3.73's in an explorer.

But my truck (Like GTO's) get annihilated in stop/go MPG wise.

13.7 @ 102.

My car with less then half the engine and 2 mods ran nearly ran what your truck did. :dunno:

S

Soulonfire11

Your post came off as a "My car is faster and gets the same MPG as a V-6 mustang, what's the big deal" kinda thing. Especially since the thread has been dead for 5 months.

I apologize.

No worries. Just like to defend the GTO that everyone thinks is so shitty.

but while this video impresses me with the power output
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCKqAHShUZo&feature=related
the gains are very minimal for a full exhaust compared to a v8. I personally gained 48 hp and 27 ft/lbs from long tubes and free flowing exhaust on the gto
from 334 to 382whp and 350 to 377 wft/lbs

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
No worries. Just like to defend the GTO that everyone thinks is so shitty.

but while this video impresses me with the power output
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCKqAHShUZo&feature=related
the gains are very minimal for a full exhaust compared to a v8. I personally gained 48 hp and 27 ft/lbs from long tubes and free flowing exhaust on the gto
from 334 to 382whp and 350 to 377 wft/lbs

I almost bought one, but couldn't deal with the trunk, and both transmissions had drawbacks I didn't like (And I had no intentions of modifying it). I didn't like the feel of the 6 speed and the autos get horrid MPG out of the box. Ended up with a 05 GT 5 speed mustang which I promptly lost in flooding.

S

Soulonfire11

I almost bought one, but couldn't deal with the trunk, and both transmissions had drawbacks I didn't like (And I had no intentions of modifying it). I didn't like the feel of the 6 speed and the autos get horrid MPG out of the box. Ended up with a 05 GT 5 speed mustang which I promptly lost in flooding.

the 4l65e is a great trans, and so is the t56. Ultimately the stock clutches take a lot of abuse being a heavier car. Its really all in the tune, since HP tuner can tune the trans like it should have from the factory.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
:ugh:

you didn't like the feel of a transmission that's used in everything from vettes to vipers to cobras?

lol wut.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
:ugh:

you didn't like the feel of a transmission that's used in everything from vettes to vipers to cobras?

lol wut.

Do your research. The shifter is known to be balky/vauge in the GTO application.

Not saying its a weak transmission, or a poorly designed transmission, or a poorly geared transmission. The shifter didn't feel as direct as it did in my mustang for example.

And I doubt you'd even fit in any of the cars listed so I'm sure you don't know what it feels like first hand...

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
What's your problem? I asked a serious question, followed by "lolwut" , seeking clarification to my question because maybe you see something differently and I was curious.. an immature low blow was not warranted.

I have "done my research", I've looked at these cars. I don't notice the "vague" feeling and to me it feels like a well-planted, confident shifter. Different strokes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info