• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2011 GT shifter issues

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I sent this to Dan but I figure this would influence some other people. I'm a MGW swinger because I haven't once been locked out of any gear except when the stupid "econ shift" engages and every shift is spot on and I haven't had a problem with my transmission since doing the shifter and switching my fluid over to Amsoil MTG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XynDGixQNhs

inb4Mookmakesanewsmiley

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I sent this to Dan but I figure this would influence some other people. I'm a MGW swinger because I haven't once been locked out of any gear except when the stupid "econ shift" engages and every shift is spot on and I haven't had a problem with my transmission since doing the shifter and switching my fluid over to Amsoil MTG.

inb4Mookmakesanewsmiley

You are complaining about the shifter bracket. Not the shifter. There is a difference. And there are replacement shifter brackets that replace the stock one. For much less than a MGW. But I agree the replacement shifter bracket should be one of the first mods done to the car.

shifter-base-bushing.jpg

barton_slider_bracket.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Regardless, the MGW is a complete replacement for everything. Everything behind the linkage is replaced. The bracket, the shifter, the housing, everything.

Worth the $384. I'm telling you.

You said this is why the stock shifter is worthless. The shifter itself works fine. The bushing is a issue. I agree. But they are not the same part.

That is like saying the suspension on a car is junk because of shitty tires. They work together but can't be grouped together as one part.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Pratt, i have definitely noticed the shifter FLEX when rowing the gears. Is that more an issue with the bushing or the upper section of the shifter?

That is the bushing letting the shifter box move around. The replacement shifter brackets I posted will greatly reduce that. The new Barton style would be even better than the orginal design one with a simple round bushing, like the steeda one pictured above.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The clutch line is for getting more fluid to the throw out bearing faster. This means further clutch disengagement at faster rate. That is better at any rpm. Just like the different engagement ramp rates on aftermarket clutch quadrant on cable operated set ups. Easy mod that is not very costly. Worth it for sure.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

inb4Mookmakesanewsmiley

This video is awesome :bowrofl:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
you guys think that this clutch line would end up rubbing the dealership the wrong way? I don't want to have my car in there and them asking me why the hell I have a braided line running to my trans. The place I go to seems to be OK with minimal mods, but anything tune or heavy exhaust related they seem to be squeemish about. I guess I can ask them when I go there next

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
you guys think that this clutch line would end up rubbing the dealership the wrong way? I don't want to have my car in there and them asking me why the hell I have a braided line running to my trans. The place I go to seems to be OK with minimal mods, but anything tune or heavy exhaust related they seem to be squeemish about. I guess I can ask them when I go there next

Just call them. It wouldnt hurt to ask.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info