• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2011 fiesta transmission

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Seems luck is on my side and at 105k miles our 2011 fiesta lost it's transmission when the shitty powershift transmission warranty ends at 100k. Just got a call from Bob Rohrman Schaumburg Ford saying they recommend a reman transmission to the tune of 5k. The car is only worth 4-5k.

I just needed to get 2 more years out of this car.

Any other avenues to getting this done under warranty given it is a shit transmission that we already had to have it reprogrammed at least once? Otherwise it seems I need to find a used transmission to slap into this thing this weekend.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I was going to say if it was that there was a class action lawsuit. If they don't want to fix it, see if they will discount a new car by the estimated cost of fixing it.

I had a Focus with this trans and got rid of it because it was rebuilt twice with numerous "Reprograms". At the end of the day, it's a POS transmission and they should work with you.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
how many cars have you bought with that dealer? some will bend the rules to loyal customers.

but a dealer will tell you what they want. ive been told to pound sand with being 2k over milage about a window that was sticking down. tore the door apart myself and it was the foam fell of and was wedging against the glass stopping it from going up. but your situation is a lot more involved than mine.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
There is a lawsuit. They already sent mail notices you were supposed to call a number to determine if you are eligible

Yeah we really aren't eligible as we haven't had a ton of service done for this. That lawsuit was mostly payback if you had 3 clutch packs, or 3 or more TCM repograms etc. Maximum you get back is like 2500 bucks or 5k in money off of a ford car.

Wife puts 15-20k a year on the car commuting to the city so we went past that warranty a lot quicker then I thought we would.

At an odd point where we are trying to decide to get another beater to take the mileage or get something newer and more family oriented for when we start having kids. Just wasn't the decision I wanted to make this week.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Seems luck is on my side and at 105k miles our 2011 fiesta lost it's transmission when the shitty powershift transmission warranty ends at 100k. Just got a call from Bob Rohrman Schaumburg Ford saying they recommend a reman transmission to the tune of 5k. The car is only worth 4-5k.

I just needed to get 2 more years out of this car.

Any other avenues to getting this done under warranty given it is a shit transmission that we already had to have it reprogrammed at least once? Otherwise it seems I need to find a used transmission to slap into this thing this weekend.

It sounds like since she likes the Fiesta, you need a Fiesta ST replacement. :wavey:

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
somewhat drivable as until it freaks out and wont move. If you wait a bit it comes back to being able to drive.

That makes it tough to trade or sell outright. We have taken in a bunch of Fiestas and Focus with bad transmissions that are still driveable and have sold them at our auctions.

Sounds like you'd be better off getting $2k or so for it instead of putting a new transmission in it for $5k, especially when there is probably only a year guarantee on a reman trans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info