2011 fiesta transmission

Intel

Reaction score
Seems luck is on my side and at 105k miles our 2011 fiesta lost it's transmission when the shitty powershift transmission warranty ends at 100k. Just got a call from Bob Rohrman Schaumburg Ford saying they recommend a reman transmission to the tune of 5k. The car is only worth 4-5k.

I just needed to get 2 more years out of this car.

Any other avenues to getting this done under warranty given it is a shit transmission that we already had to have it reprogrammed at least once? Otherwise it seems I need to find a used transmission to slap into this thing this weekend.

P40E

Reaction score
Should have sold or traded the car at 99,000 . Get on the Fiesta sites and see if a ford mechanic will do side work and get a reman. . He should have that trans done in a day. .

Intel

Reaction score
Should have sold or traded the car at 99,000 . Get on the Fiesta sites and see if a ford mechanic will do side work and get a reman. . He should have that trans done in a day. .
I agree but she likes the car a lot. So I rolled the dice and lost. She puts 15-20k on the car a year so it was a ticking time bomb.

Outlaw

Reaction score
There's a class action lawsuit against Ford for that transmission. Doesn't help in the present, but, maybe there will be some restitution down the road if you decide to keep it.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
When the cost of repair exceeds the value of the car, it's time to cut it loose. Seems like an absolute no brainer to me.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Does she have Comprehensive Insurance [MENTION=2222]Intel[/MENTION] .....?

Would be a Shame if somehow that Transmission got punctured by road debris and it caused a failure... Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd keep running it up the chain at he dealer and then corporate as well. Trans had already needed service under warranty, known issues with ALL of them, only 5k over warranty period. Might get a good faith replacement

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
I'd keep running it up the chain at he dealer and then corporate as well. Trans had already needed service under warranty, known issues with ALL of them, only 5k over warranty period. Might get a good faith replacement
The pending Class-Action Lawsuit probably could help here too :dunno:

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
I was going to say if it was that there was a class action lawsuit. If they don't want to fix it, see if they will discount a new car by the estimated cost of fixing it.

I had a Focus with this trans and got rid of it because it was rebuilt twice with numerous "Reprograms". At the end of the day, it's a POS transmission and they should work with you.

Intel

Reaction score
Yeah I need to talk to them about it. Just not sure how much of a leg I even have to stand on here.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
how many cars have you bought with that dealer? some will bend the rules to loyal customers.

but a dealer will tell you what they want. ive been told to pound sand with being 2k over milage about a window that was sticking down. tore the door apart myself and it was the foam fell of and was wedging against the glass stopping it from going up. but your situation is a lot more involved than mine.

P40E

Reaction score
There is a lawsuit. They already sent mail notices you were supposed to call a number to determine if you are eligible

Intel

Reaction score
There is a lawsuit. They already sent mail notices you were supposed to call a number to determine if you are eligible
Yeah we really aren't eligible as we haven't had a ton of service done for this. That lawsuit was mostly payback if you had 3 clutch packs, or 3 or more TCM repograms etc. Maximum you get back is like 2500 bucks or 5k in money off of a ford car.

Wife puts 15-20k a year on the car commuting to the city so we went past that warranty a lot quicker then I thought we would.

At an odd point where we are trying to decide to get another beater to take the mileage or get something newer and more family oriented for when we start having kids. Just wasn't the decision I wanted to make this week.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Seems luck is on my side and at 105k miles our 2011 fiesta lost it's transmission when the shitty powershift transmission warranty ends at 100k. Just got a call from Bob Rohrman Schaumburg Ford saying they recommend a reman transmission to the tune of 5k. The car is only worth 4-5k.

I just needed to get 2 more years out of this car.

Any other avenues to getting this done under warranty given it is a shit transmission that we already had to have it reprogrammed at least once? Otherwise it seems I need to find a used transmission to slap into this thing this weekend.
It sounds like since she likes the Fiesta, you need a Fiesta ST replacement. :wavey:

Intel

Reaction score
She doesn't want to drive manual 30 miles each way to the city.. I tried that route ;)

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
somewhat drivable as until it freaks out and wont move. If you wait a bit it comes back to being able to drive.
That makes it tough to trade or sell outright. We have taken in a bunch of Fiestas and Focus with bad transmissions that are still driveable and have sold them at our auctions.

Sounds like you'd be better off getting $2k or so for it instead of putting a new transmission in it for $5k, especially when there is probably only a year guarantee on a reman trans.

torquelover

Reaction score
How involved is an MT swap? You might have some buyers if you went through the trouble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom