• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2011 challenger brake issue ?

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
2011 challenger 5.7 manual. Original owner, 105k. Front pads were worn with passenger side to the metal on the outside pad, one caliper piston was seized so I put new rotors/pads/new pass caliper on.

The front brakes will not release, I jacked the car up after the initial work again, took the pads off, made sure everything was mechanically ok..... the pads are sliding correctly, the pistons compress enough to install the calipers without issue, no leaks, master didn’t go dry bleeding, bleed on pass caliper was no problem, new stainless slide hardware, calipers hung by wire and not left to dangle, pins are greased and slide perfectly, no mechanical binding.

When the car is off the ground and right after I put it all back together, the wheels spin perfectly, then after brakes are applied, everything works fine..... however the brakes will not release after the pedal is released.

I think this was the original problem now.

Any ideas? I’ve thought that maybe the rubber lines could be bad and creating a small flap on the inside not allowing the fluid to decompress, but both sides not working seems far fetched.

The car has been on track 4 times with multiple sessions and this is the 7th set of free autozone pads, and I’ve not had any problems with the system or doing the brakes myself before. Car hasn’t been on track in about 50k miles.

Any input, or common issues with this platform you’ve heard of please post (maybe a ABS or master issue) Thanks

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
When I crack the bleeder it’s easy to pry the caliper apart, when I disconnect the hard line to rubber hose I can’t get it to pry apart, which supports the hose idea. I just can’t wrap my head around both going bad at the same time.

thanks for the thoughts and help
years ago i had a horrible experience with a problem getting fluid to the rear circuit of our 69 chevelle. ended up being a $12 rear brake hose.

Reactions: dun4791
They replaced the one caliper I didn’t and both rubber lines, the rubber lines were falling apart inside and debris got pushed into the caliper I did, so one side was fixed and then they changed the caliper I had just changed and got everything working.....so basically the rubber lines failed inside and put debris into the calipers enough to cause them to not release

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Good to hear it's fixed! A few years ago I had a 2011 Chrysler 200. I think the front passenger side brake hose failed on it. It kept eating calipers in that side. I must have replaced it 3 times. I never even considered the hose could be bad. I figured I was just getting low quality reman calipers from the parts store. One morning I parked it at work and the front passenger side was smoking. A coworker pointed it out with concern and I just shrugged it off and said hopefully it burns :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info