2011-2012 F150 input

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
that 14 ram with 55k miles almost seems too good to be true.

About as close to similar truck as I could get, quickly. Almost does seem to good to be true. With haggling or getting a good deal, you could probably get that for around 40 brand new.

Jz5w35l.png

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Rams are rust buckets.
Just cut a rocker panel off a 13 Ram from a collision and solid fucking rust. I could stick two fingers through the bottom in one spot.

Did they revise the timing chain set up on the EcoBoost engines? Had one in the shop with about 100,000 miles and had a god awful timing chain rattle. Sounded like the engine was going to come apart.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Rams are rust buckets.
Just cut a rocker panel off a 13 Ram from a collision and solid fucking rust. I could stick two fingers through the bottom in one spot.

Did they revise the timing chain set up on the EcoBoost engines? Had one in the shop with about 100,000 miles and had a god awful timing chain rattle. Sounded like the engine was going to come apart.

x2 on the ram rust bucket. 13 ram in this week had rust coming through on the front fenders, no rock chips or previous body work done.
also have seen newer hemis needing to have the camshaft replaced at under 100k miles from the lobe wearing flat (bad lifter maybe?)
buuuut chrysler makes trash, so this isnt surprising :io:

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska

Tsb 17-0026

It's mostly on the 11-12 model years. But from what I've found, it's mostly due to too long of an oil change interval. I would change every 4k miles instead of 5k like ford recommends.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info