• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2010 Camaro RS V6 idle fluctuates

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Was just curious if anyone has heard of this "problem". Basically the RPM's fluctuate 50-100 rpm up and down all the time, fairly quickly (you can see it with your naked eye on the tach) when it's idling, and even when you're cruising at say 70mph at 1700rpm. I KNOW it never did this when it was new or the numerous other times I've driven it, however I'm not exactly sure when it started. I was just told it started a couple months ago.

I Googled it and saw something similar but most of the complaints I've read are of the engine shaking / or a misfire type issue. The engine doesn't run rough nor is there a check engine light.

I know I could (should?) take it to the dealer, but it's not my car I'm just driving it temporarily as the person that owns it has a broken foot. It should still be under warranty (2010 ony 21k miles) but Idk if they will want to charge a diagnostic fee?

Thoughts?
-Nick

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
dbw tb's are very susceptible to low resolution airflow control, especially with gear wear and even minor coking around the blade edges.

takes a crapload of coking to affect a std IAC pintle and its much finer per step air control.

just the nature of trying to use a large area butterfly valve for finite air control :rofl:

but hey its progress right? enjoy it sucka :jg:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Change the plugs?? Also i heard the dbw throttle body gets dirty and causes weird idle problems, so people take throttle body cleaner and clean the throttle blade. But your car only has 30k miles so I don't know.

The DBW GPs have an issue like this, clean the throttle and throttle blade with some carb/TB cleaner and problem solved. It has been reported from 20k miles and up, but usually around 60k

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info