2010 Camaro RS V6 idle fluctuates

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Was just curious if anyone has heard of this "problem". Basically the RPM's fluctuate 50-100 rpm up and down all the time, fairly quickly (you can see it with your naked eye on the tach) when it's idling, and even when you're cruising at say 70mph at 1700rpm. I KNOW it never did this when it was new or the numerous other times I've driven it, however I'm not exactly sure when it started. I was just told it started a couple months ago.

I Googled it and saw something similar but most of the complaints I've read are of the engine shaking / or a misfire type issue. The engine doesn't run rough nor is there a check engine light.

I know I could (should?) take it to the dealer, but it's not my car I'm just driving it temporarily as the person that owns it has a broken foot. It should still be under warranty (2010 ony 21k miles) but Idk if they will want to charge a diagnostic fee?

Thoughts?
-Nick

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Post up on a 5th gen forum about it. Im sure someone there would have a better idea

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
the car has a bumper to bumper warranty. they better not hit you with a diagnostic fee

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
Take it to the stealer.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
They won't find anything. They couldn't find the misfire on my car with it throwing codes. While having the car for two days. Stupid techs.

ProjectGTP

Reaction score
Change the plugs?? Also i heard the dbw throttle body gets dirty and causes weird idle problems, so people take throttle body cleaner and clean the throttle blade. But your car only has 30k miles so I don't know.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
My car does it too but only at idle. It bounces between 550-600.

If it's doing it while cruising that's a problem. Take it to the stealership.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
dbw tb's are very susceptible to low resolution airflow control, especially with gear wear and even minor coking around the blade edges.

takes a crapload of coking to affect a std IAC pintle and its much finer per step air control.

just the nature of trying to use a large area butterfly valve for finite air control :rofl:

but hey its progress right? enjoy it sucka :jg:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
Change the plugs?? Also i heard the dbw throttle body gets dirty and causes weird idle problems, so people take throttle body cleaner and clean the throttle blade. But your car only has 30k miles so I don't know.
The DBW GPs have an issue like this, clean the throttle and throttle blade with some carb/TB cleaner and problem solved. It has been reported from 20k miles and up, but usually around 60k

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom