2007 Tahoe LS - Mechanic special

So long story short, my wife's ex was given this by his dad then he lost his license so it sat for over a year. His dad finally had enough and asked me if I wanted to buy it real cheap for my stepson to drive since he turned 16 today. Dipshit ex tried to jump start it last week and crossed the battery cables bad enough that there is melted insulation embedded in the headlight, and he got a 3rd degree burn pulling the cables off.

Fast forward to now, I have this at my house, have the keys and title, plus it was owned by a sports legend, Bill Cartwright before his son threw a hobo party in it, lol.

details:
2007 Tahoe LS 2WD
5.3 with about 100k miles (cluster not working at the moment).
It's smelly, and ugly, but ran great before it sat, has a recent alternator, new battery, new BCM.
I suspect the PCM got fried as well, and I had G7 computers rebuild the BCM for $225, and they will do the PCM for the same price.
Brand new steelies and tires all the way around with spare.

I suddenly have 6 cars to shuffle around now that my stepson bought a Camry, so I need this gone. It has power, doesn't crank, and intermittent communication errors with the PCM, but when it does communicate I can see all of the parameters. I just need it gone to free up space, and it would make for a sweet LS swap.

$1,000.00 obo, must be towed.

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I checked the mega fuse, changed the PCM and OBDII fuses as they were both popped, and would like to get it running, but having this thing out in front of my house is for sure dropping my credit score. No reasonable offer refused before I call the scrappers by the end of the week.

• Haha
Reactions: ldyzluvdis06

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Yeah the LS swap is really where the action is there. PCM being bad is a possible issue, otherwise it would/should sell fast. Good part out vehicle if you have the time, space, or want to do it.

Thought about parting it out, but pretty sure my HOA would shit kittens, so just trying to cut my losses at this point. I wish I had something to swap and I could yank the motor and scrap the rest. When Bill bought it in 2012 it was mint and had 50k on it... I hate people that can't take care of shit.

Thread Info