• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2007 Equinox, what's this noise?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Is this what a bad wheel bearing sounds like? I had heard that a bad wheel bearing might make more of a tire vibration/rubbing sound, so I'm not sold on it.

It almost sounds like bad brakes, but she had here brakes done about three years ago and doesn't really drive the car very far for work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2jCRP4is8I

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
The best way I describe a wheel bearing noise is that it kind of sounds like an old school propeller plane. But considering I do like 2 of those bearings a week I'd assume that's what it is. And I'm not sure what they made that generation Equinox metal from, but it sees to rust and siege at 10x the normal rate of any other vehicle. Sometimes just getting the wheels off can be a chore

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I never posted an update. I changed all the brakes on the car and the noise went away. The pads/rotors still probably had enough to make it through the summer, but they were worn.

I noticed on the one suspect wheel that when I turned it, there was some odd noise and it would catch on something while turning. Once I took off the old rotor and pads, it turned smoothly. I'm not quite sure what it was, but the noise has not come back since. The pads weren't even really that worn down in the back, probably 50%.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info