2007-8 Ford question

Xtant12

Reaction score
I'm interested in a few fords I found online. I need something just for the weekends to haul bikes and kids gear to do things. My car isn't big enough to bring 2 bikes, a twin kid carrier bike attachment ect... Anyways, the trucks have a 5.4 v8 flex fuel motor. Any issues with them? I k ow my 2000 lightning had the 5.4 and shot the plugs out all the time. Figured I would ask before I went to look at them.

GTPpower

Reaction score
Cam phasers and spark plugs breaking off are about the only problems with them. Other than that, they are pretty solid.

Xtant12

Reaction score
Really, is that because of the motor? My lightning shot the plugs out, this one breaks them off. Wtf!!

Thanks for the heads up
Cam phasers and spark plugs breaking off are about the only problems with them. Other than that, they are pretty solid.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Reaction score
The plugs aren’t that bad if you get the right removal tool. I had 4 out of the 8 break on me when I did mine. I believe champion makes a one piece plug, that’s what I put in so I don’t have to worry next time I do them.

Unitsn4

Reaction score
Isn't the cam phaser issue one that reoccurs after some time being repaired? Thought I read it was caused by low oil pressure and is fixed by a Melling high flow pump.

GTPpower

Reaction score
In my opinion, the cam phaser issue is due mostly to maintenance. Changing oil often seems to eliminate this problem. My 04 had just over 100k when I traded it off, and even most dealers commented on how quiet they were. I changed oil every 3k miles on it, religiously.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom