2005 sti 80k

car as it sits today, just took a pic in the driveway. needs a wash and it was dark and a little rainy out.
car1.jpg

the good:
i bought this car new in 2005 from subaru of schaumburg. the only reason i am selling this car is because i bought another on short term (2 year) financing and do not wish to make the large payments on both this car and the other. i have been very happy with it and it has served me well. all awd is not the same, and subaru does it right. there are videos on youtube comparing suby awd to competitors and you will often seeing the others failing in various test cases. i have always felt confident in the car in any type of weather. it is tame to drive on the street and aggressive when it needs to be. this car is my daily driver and an occasional weekend event car; in the past 2 years it has only been to 1 autocross and 2 track days. i drive the car in a relaxed fashion on the street. it has never been launched hard or in a drag race or on a drag strip. it has loads of traction on sticky tires in the summer, and in the winter when they only plow 2 of the 3 lanes on 94, i just drive in the 3rd lane past everyone stuck in traffic on my way home with a stupid grin on my face. i am sure this car will bring its new owner just as much joy to own as it has me. when poking around other sti ads i actually see a surprising amount of d-bag owners. this car is adult owned and i have always respected it. oil changed regularly with OEM subaru filters and with amsoil synthetic (http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/asl.aspx).

the bad:
-car needs new spark plugs. i have them but have not installed them.
-car needs new fuel filter.
the above are on the lower end of my priority list as the car is not being taxed at all right now. i drive it like a grandma in the winter because i am very conscious about wear on my snow tires, because i paid a ridiculous amount for them. i'll be doing these in the spring if i still have the car.
-car could use new rear rotors. i have them but have not installed them. will go on in spring too. they are dba 4000 slotted.
-the brake shims on the car should be upgraded if you plan to take it to a road track.
-this filter should probably be cleaned/removed (http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-lit...927-turbo-oil-feed-avcs-line-replacement.html)

the ugly:
-highway miles have taken their toll on the front, perhaps more because of the occasional following of someone's ass in the left lane that would not move. in retrospect perhaps i should have invested in one of those clear bras.
-minor cosmetic flaws here and there (small paint chips)
-the brakes are no longer a bright orange as the car has occasionally been to the track. the paint has discolored. this commonly happens to the brembos on stis and evos.
-someone smacked the rear driver's side window with a crowbar and stole a work laptop out of the back seat while i was on a date once. not sweet. there is an indent in the black portion by the window.
-the bbs rims have some crunky brake dust on them pretty good in some of the corners. with some better chemicals than the stuff i buy from pep boys i'm sure most of it will come off, but you might need something pretty good to get it all off.
-one of the tires has a couple chunks out of it on the edge. this is not something you would feel nor something i think pushing the tire to be replaced at this time. i look at it from a cosmetic perspective for the most part, that is probably going to lead to that tire wearing before the others.
-small rust spot on one of the quarter panels, i think someones backed into part of the lower uh thingy and stressed cracked something up there and the paint or something in a parking lot. i don't know. this probably wouldn't be too bad to clean/fix. put a little something on it before. sorry car pics so dirty, just snapped these in the driveway right now, can post up cleaner ones later. will wash car if you come to look at it.

upgrades on car:
-cobb accessport stage 1. i also... lost the accessport. i have looked for it twice but have not found it, could send to you if i ever do though. either way the software is in the car. if you are sensitive enough and familiar with the car you may be able to feel it.
-front rotors are dba 4000 slotted.
-rear pads are carbotech panther+ (ax6)
-front pads are carbotech panther+ (ax6)
-whiteline rear sway bar (22mm)
-perrin spherical end links for rear sway bar
-fumoto oil valve (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W9QCS8/?tag=tcg21-20)
-put on new valeo ultimate wipers last week, they be nice
-rota boost 17" rims for winter
-nokian hakkapeliitta rsi winter tires. nokian is a favorite brand among ice/snow racers, you will find most winners are running them. these tires were imported from finland, where they do not even plow half of their roads. the wear indicators are numbered 2-4-6-8 on these tires, when i mounted them just before thanksgiving they all had 6's on them. these tires are directional.
-the summer tires are dunlop direzza sport z1 star specs. i have bought a fair amount of high performance tires over the years and these are easily my favorite so far. i am pretty picky about my tires, and it is a set of these that i will be purchasing for my new car. these tires are directional.

asking $16500 for everything above

extra.jpg

not on car:
-whiteline front sway bar (24mm) - used
-whiteline anti-lift kit - new
-tein flex coilovers - used; good set; 2 freshly rebuilt from tein
-titanium brake shims (front only)
-valeo ultimate 900 series wipers ($30 a set, have 3 sets extra)
-carbotech ax6 rear pads - new (i don't think it needs them yet, didn't last i checked)
-oil filters and errrrl

contact me on here or mail me for more infos, mike a@t developer10 dOOOT com

more pics

i didn't want to take the wheels down in the garage, stood on a stool and snapped pics of the top ones
bbs1.jpg

bbs2.jpg

here's the tires
tires1.jpg

winter rims, they look better when clean! brake dust here on them and the caliper; some older pics with diff camera and cleaner rims
boost.jpg

normal_DSCN2831.JPG

normal_DSCN2833.JPG

close up of the tires
nokians.jpg

cosmetic flaws

small rust spot
bad1.jpg

not sure what left marks are. right mark might be from some tar or something? someone that knows more about paint and detailing than me can probably get it out. i just did regular washes and occasional waxes.
bad2.jpg

leftovers from douche that stole my laptop
bad3.jpg

not sure what this one is from
bad4.jpg

Thread Info