2004 Turbo Grand Prix GTP Comp G - 82,000 miles - $10,000

Year: 2004
Make/ Model: Pontiac Grand Prix
Trim: GTP/ Comp G
Mileage: 82,000
Color: Black Exterior, Black Interior, Black Cobra Wheels, Black tints (There's a theme here!)

Price: $10,000 (as it sits)

The car is a 2004 Grand Prix. It is fully optioned and is in great condition. I'd say it's a 9 out 10 condition wise. There are some minor scratches on the rear bumper cover, one dimple (1/2" long) on the rear left door and some wear on the left bolster of the driver's seat. Other than that, it's gravy.

This car would make a ridiculously awesome DD. It's making 400 crank HP almost on the button (399.6 calculated). It's a blast to drive as it sits but would be even more fun if you modded it further. It's set up to be modded further as well (60lb injectors). I wanted it to be fast and quiet so I left the stock exhaust on it. So the car is quiet (other than when the turbo spools) and is fast but not at all discernible from a stock Comp G as far as sound goes. This is the type of modded car a married guy could buy without fear that his wife would ever think it's modified! Put a real exhaust on it, maybe some powerlogs, and you'll easily bump it up to 400whp.

What does the car need right now? Nothing. The transmission is firm, the car doesn't burn anything or drip anything that I can see and overall it drives great. If you're content with the power where it is, there are a few things I'd add to make the car perfect. It wants front control arms. The stockers are on there now and it shows. I'll probably end up putting these on in the next few weeks if it doesn't sell. Other than that, I'd lower it a bit. The stock Comp G struts are still surprisingly fine. In fact, they're downright hard. I can't believe they sold the car with a suspension this firm. Anyhow, the struts don't need to be changed. To me, control arms, lowering springs and new bushings all around (for good measure) would make this car perfect.

Features:
  • Navigation - Pioneer but dual DIN so it looks stock.
  • Leather
  • Moonroof
  • Bluetooth
  • iPod Integration
  • Heated Seats

Aesthetic:
  • 17" Black Cobra Rims with 255 Tires
  • HIDs in new headlight capsules
  • HID Fogs
  • GXP Exhaust Tips
  • Tinted Windows
  • LED Tail Lights - The red ones.

Performance:
  • 12" F Body Brakes
  • Z3 Intercooled Turbo Kit (unless you want the original prototype we had on the car) I pulled the prototype a few years ago to have it made and put the Z3 on there because I liked the way the car drove with the turbo.
  • Supporting Mods - Larger MAF, 60lb Injectors.
  • L26 Intake w/ an HVIII Insert (What can I say? It works and I figure if they can use my supercharger tensioner I can use their intake insert!)
  • Aeroforce gauge installed in the driver's side air vent (looks stock)
  • Built transmission with 300M input shaft, 15/16ths chain drive and all the other stuff.

I'm not in a rush to sell the car. I don't need to sell it. I'll be driving it and modding it this summer unless it sells. I eventually want to get a 911 and there's no way that will happen if the Grand Prix is in the garage. I'll be added our performance control arms and a larger exhaust and rockers if nobody bites soon. The price will reflect these changes but as the car sits, $10,000 takes it.

If you want it, great. If not, I still love her. I've got no problem staring at it in the garage every day and still love to drive it so if I don't get my price I'll probably hold onto it until a Porsche pops up that I just need to have.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Sorry, no time to wash and these pictures suck but it gives you an idea...

gp9.JPG

gp8.JPG

gp7.JPG

gp6.JPG

gp5.JPG

gp4.JPG

gp3.JPG

gp2.JPG

gp1.JPG

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
...list of the problems with this car:

-pictured hole in seat
-lack of lug nut covers
-that one ding that he pointed out
-it's not mine....

:bowrofl: D@MN that's a nice looking car! I really don't like that murdered out look, but that car is almost as sexy as K J's. You guy's keep doing this to cars and you may convert me.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Oh yeah, I forgot about the lugnut covers! It needs to be lowered but other than that it's gravy. I learned the other day that I can pass people with torque steer. Give it gas and it pulls to the left and then let off the gas and it goes back to the right! :) Needs control arms.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Oh yeah, I forgot about the lugnut covers! It needs to be lowered but other than that it's gravy. I learned the other day that I can pass people with torque steer. Give it gas and it pulls to the left and then let off the gas and it goes back to the right! :) Needs control arms.

:rollpicard::rollpicard:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
No idea why they flagged it. This was the ad.

Hey there average household father! You're looking for a car aren't you? Your wife said no more sticking the children in the trunk? Women! So lame! Ok, so you need a four door but you want something fast and don't want to spend 40k on a used M5 just so junior can spit up all over your alcantera interior. That's where I come in.

What I have here is a 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G. This isn't your average GTP though. No, this GTP had it's supercharger removed and in it's place, a turbo now does the hard work. Power is up from 260 horsepower stock to 400 horsepower and torque, well torque is off the charts. Seriously, it's ridiculous. The car is fast, ridiculously fast, fast enough to make your cheeks do that thing where they get all distorted and shake. No but really, it's fast.

"But my wife won't let me own a car like that!" you say... A car like what? This GTP sounds stock and has a stock exhaust. There's no differentiating this car from a stock car unless you open the hood. It has ALL of the stock options and sacrifices nothing. If you drive it around town you'll never know it's modified... until you press the gas.

"But that thing must be a lot of work to maintain!" you proclaim. You're really negative aren't you? Always looking for the worst in things. Well that won't work here. This car is as easy/ inexpensive to maintain as stock. You get your oil changed at the same interval, with the same oil and heck, you could even let the poor saps and Jiffy Lube do it for you. The only "extra" maintenance required is spark plugs every 20,000 miles which costs literally $10 and can be done in your driveway.

"Ok, my wife will still never go for a 400 HP car". I figured that... that's why you show her this link for just an average, unsuspecting Grand Prix with pretty black wheels. No mention of any power adders. Just click here for the wife-safe version of this ad: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/2448660501.html

Overall this is a no compromises, High power, family car. It's as quiet as stock but with much more power. It's fully optioned and ready for it's new owner.

Condition - Nearly perfect. A couple scratches on the rear bumper, a small tear in the driver's seat (pictured), and 2 dings on the driver's side of the car. No rust, no dents, no pieces hanging off. Overall a 9 out of 10.

Vehicle: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, CompG
Color: Black
Interior: Black
Mileage: 89,000 Miles
Horsepower: 400HP
Price: $9,999
Aesthetic and Electrical Features

Heads Up Display - Displays your speed, temperature, direction, etc in windshield
Navigation Radio - Pioneer Navigation Radio gives you NAV, Bluetooth, iPod integration, etc but looks stock.
LED Tail-Lights - Looks stock, not tacky at all.
HID Headlights - Bright and again, not tacky looking because they're not purple!
Black Mustang Cobra 17" Wheels - These are replica wheels. Overall in great shape and with wide 255mm rubber on them.
Performance Features:

Intercooled Turbo Kit - 400HP, what more can I say?
12" Dual Piston Front Brakes - replacement calipers and pads available at any parts store for cheap
Fully Built Transmission - Includes a single chain drive upgrade, hardened input shaft and pretty much everything you need to handle this power level
So then, here are a few bad pictures of the car, unwashed. I'll get better pictures up, I promise. Below the pictures you can find all the details of the vehicle.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
probably flagged because of the duplicate ad you posted in the ad
Could be... You'd think people would have more of a sense of humor or if anything, flag the "wife-safe" post since it's the one with less information.

Oh well... I'm going to put it up on a bunch of forums this week and get it back on Craigslist via less than honest methods.

Thread Info