đź”– Deals 2004 Pontiac GTO Low Miles! - $14500 (South Chicago)

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Emersonhart13;

The 05 is the better deal then the 04. Two big strikes against the 04 is that its an 04 and its black. For all the time I spent searching GTO ads the black ones NEVER sell fast or first. And that 06 has long tubes and an exhaust already.

That's why I posted both. But I sorta agree with Joel, I like my 04. I wholeheartedly agree about the black on black... I did not even consider a black exterior or interior. And only used 05/06 for price comparison.

04 GTO > 05/06.

I hate that fucking scooped hood
Personal preferences aside, the market pays a lot higher for the 05/06's. That extra 50 horsepower probably has a lot to do with it.

That's why I posted both. But I sorta agree with Joel, I like my 04. I wholeheartedly agree about the black on black... I did not even consider a black exterior or interior. And only used 05/06 for price comparison.
I had a Torrid Red 2004 brand new. After I sold it I bought a used BOM 06. I THOUGHT it was a lot faster then the 04 but years have passed. I test drove a Yellow Jacket '04 off a used car lot (It was cheap, but with its problems not cheap enough for me). I was quite a bit slower then my '06. If purchasing another GTO (which I would consider) I would pay a premium for an LS2 equipped car. ONCE AGAIN, PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

My Dad has an auto 05 so I know the difference. 350 hp is the most I have ever owned and am quite happy with it. The only thing I do not know about is the trans. I do like the 06 tails, Dad has those, but I'll survive with the 04s.

Once again its all preference. Not knocking a '04. They sell at a discount for a reason: the ones that came after were "upgraded". To some, they won't even shop '04s. To others, its the only one they can afford or feel the premium charged on the 05/06's is too stiff. In the particular pair of cars you presented weighing all factors I found the 05 to be the "better deal" by far. If the right deal came along on one (04, 05, or 06)I would grab it. The price would be different depending on the year all other factors being equal. I am thinking it would involve having the Pedders done front and back and be a bright color.

And you get the "stronger" transmission, bigger brakes, and with an 06, the better taillights. Shit, you could sell the 06 taillights alone for $350-$500 depending on the week.

Brakes were still garbage (albiet a little better)that warped. The rotors just cost more to replace. And yes those '06 tails are worth the $350-$500 premium over the other ones.

They didn't warp.
They did/do with cronic regularity unless you upgrade big dollar to aftermarket rotors.
Mine warped and they looked like they were either OE replacements or the original rotors.
That they did!
True!
:werd:
Brake pads weren't properly embedded and you had uneven deposits. Congrats on wasting money on new rotors.
You didn't waste your money. They warped.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234546
About 5,000 more threads over this issue at LS1GTO.COM on the 2005/2006's...yeah their still $hit.

& YET I STILL LOVE THESE CARS!

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
And yes those '06 tails are worth the $350-$500 premium over the other ones.

Ugh. when I had my '04 I won a set of BRAND NEW '06 tails for $199 on ebay. Needless to say the guy backed out and left me neg. feedback saying I was making "outside of auction" claims by asking for a lower or free shipping after he waited TWO WEEKS and hadnt sent them. Obviously I won, and his username, with a few thousand positive reviews, was banned. Guy was a fuck... and I really wanted those damn tails. PayPal was cool and refunded my money tho.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Brake pads weren't properly embedded and you had uneven deposits. Congrats on wasting money on new rotors.

I never replaced the brakes because I was more worried about replacing all the junk ass suspension that lead to fucked up brakes in the first place. Radius rod bushings, strut mounts, and the strut itself were all garbage that I replaced. I was getting around to brakes when I just had enough with the car.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
They did/do with cronic regularity unless you upgrade big dollar to aftermarket rotors.

That they did!

True!

:werd:

You didn't waste your money. They warped.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234546
About 5,000 more threads over this issue at LS1GTO.COM on the 2005/2006's...yeah their still $hit.

& YET I STILL LOVE THESE CARS!

I'm betting that it's from improper installation or improper bedding of the pads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info