• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2004 mustang hesitation

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Grey.

If it were one of the coils wouldn't it have a rough idle? It only does this when you are driving and give it a little gas. Give it more gas and it goes away.
Any way to test it? I would rather not guess and drop $200-$400 on coils and be back to square one.

When mine had some bad coils, it idled just fine. It also seemed to go away when just giving it a little throttle, but would come right back.

Testing it is the tough part. I was told that the only way to test it was to replace one at a time and see if it went away. Or maybe replace them all and then start putting the old ones back in one at a time. If the hesitation comes back, you know that plug is no good. It would be nice if there was an electric way to test the coil and see if it doesn’t have the same output as a normal coil.

At the time, I was at a Mustang shop out of state and he said it would cost me more in dyno time than it would to replace all 8 coils. But since the car is in your possession at home, you don’t have to consider that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info