• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2004 GTO - Proper jack stand points?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I'm making this a bit more complicated than it has to be. I'm going to be replacing the rear brakes on my brothers 2004 GTO, and I took a moment to look at the jack points. Here is a photo:

JackingUndercarriageHighlighted.jpg

green for jackstands
yellow jackpoints

Due to garage space, I am only going to be doing one axle at time before needing to re-position the vehicle (back it out and then reverse it in). According to this picture, I will use the floor jack in the yellow area, and place jack stands on the green areas. Since I am trying to lift only one axle at a time before needing to lower it, is this best solution for what I am trying to accomplish, or is there an equally safe alternative?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info