• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2004 GTO IN MASSIVE TROUBLE

Jmac_LS1

That383GOAT
Feb 23, 2015
Cicero
So the 2004 ls1 a4 gto I own was ruining strong just needed a tune and to be finally put together and then bam the issue happened again it cranks but I have no injector pulse or spark from any coil packs I have checked all fuses and relays changed the cam and crank sensor tried 2 different computer including a 4 wire hookup stand alone computer and fixed the ignition since I found out about the ignition lockout issues these cars have I've been throwing tons of time money and a few tears at her and she just won't start I wanna really get this car going but I have very little funds and tools

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
That Def sounds like an anti theft issue since there is no spark or fuel. My first option would have been cam or crank signals but you already changed those. Do you have a scanner or anyone you know that has a scanner that could possibly see any anti theft codes stored or pending?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
What Carter said. That BCM cabling does goofy shit.

Not to get off topic, but from the time I bought my car my rear defogger would NEVER turn off, no matter what you did, or at least the light for it wouldnt. it was always on. Finally one day i went in and taped up my bcm cable, light went off, and turned on and off normally w/ the button. :rofl:

Jmac_LS1

That383GOAT
Feb 23, 2015
Cicero
So... I hope this got fixed, and you got to spend this beautiful day driving this car.
Man I could only hope so I got a lot of sh*t talkers on my ass right now that need 2 have they're ass dragged down the 1320 so far though everything looks as it's a wiring issue somewhere behind the dash so that's coming out today to locate the issue then we will be switching to a stand alone system

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Did your GTO ever have the Cluster replaced? I know my 04 GTO had to have it done. The cluster would randomly go all crazy. Throw ABS and Check engine lights. The gauges would go all over the place while driving. I was told it was the cluster and some wiring behind it. I have no idea if it could cause the issue your having, but stranger things have happened with electricity.

Jmac_LS1

That383GOAT
Feb 23, 2015
Cicero
Did your GTO ever have the Cluster replaced? I know my 04 GTO had to have it done. The cluster would randomly go all crazy. Throw ABS and Check engine lights. The gauges would go all over the place while driving. I was told it was the cluster and some wiring behind it. I have no idea if it could cause the issue your having, but stranger things have happened with electricity.
No I just installed an overlay that's about it but it's goin 2 a shop within the next week or so the guys giving me a deal on the work so I might as well let them figure out the headache lol

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
Hey, I may be remembering wrong, but I could've swore there was a 2005 TSB for my BCM. What I had to do? Hell if I remember, but I friggin have a 6 digit number saved in my contacts under "BCM," so I must've done something! Lol (sorry, major memory problems [emoji29])

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info