NEW RIDE 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
yup.. that is why I'm parking it in the garage after this week and will be driving the wife's traverse. the Grand Marquis will not be seeing salt roads or driven in snow. I'll change the T stat, hoses, belt, whatever else I can find that is old. 61K on it but its been sitting outside, with grass overgrown around it, in southern FL for years.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
yup.. that is why I'm parking it in the garage after this week and will be driving the wife's traverse. the Grand Marquis will not be seeing salt roads or driven in snow. I'll change the T stat, hoses, belt, whatever else I can find that is old. 61K on it but its been sitting outside, with grass overgrown around it, in southern FL for years.
Card board the radiator. Lmao

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Card board the radiator. Lmao

lol.. I thought about that today on the way to work.

ohh also need to replace all the amber bulbs. it sat soo long all the amber paint cracked and fell off the bulbs so I'll be blowing the amber pieces out of the housings and replacing them. Also give this a good cleaning inside and out. the paint is still in need of some TLC.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
lol.. I thought about that today on the way to work.

ohh also need to replace all the amber bulbs. it sat soo long all the amber paint cracked and fell off the bulbs so I'll be blowing the amber pieces out of the housings and replacing them. Also give this a good cleaning inside and out. the paint is still in need of some TLC.
Swap to led bulbs. Just add resistors.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
New t stat installed, drove it around a bit and it’s all good. Going to spend more time on clay baring the paint and then cleaning up the garage more so I can tuck this to one side.

image.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Soo anyone know where the fuck the jack is supposed to go on this damn thing? I had to use the spare a few months ago and the jack just fell out while I pulled the spare out. Now I can’t figure out where the fuck it was. Owners manual says with the space saver spare it goes in front of it but it will never stay there as it’s not attached to anything. No idea how it was in place. For now it’s going to get ratchet strapped to the spare but I’d rather have it mounted correctly.
0F52EE7A-1010-424D-ADBB-0DF34406AC82.jpeg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Ohh yeah.. got the sub and amp. I have the day off but unfortunately have 10,000 other things to do. Wife was upset when I told her I what I wanted to do and upset all over again now that this has arrived. I told her I have to go into the office 2-3 days a week. That is around 5-7 hours a week driving and the stereo makes it sooo much more enjoyable for me. I do have mufflers and exhaust pipe I could make a nice loud true dual setup for the car, some wheels and tires, lower it or the dream to put the car on air. She immediately said okay to the stereo and don’t mess with the rest of the car. Lol.

8705A7EF-FBB0-43D4-A3F5-50214152ED47.jpeg

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Aaaaand on the way to work the car stared to misfire. Had to turn around and go back home. Not sure if it’s fuel or spark or what. Wouldn’t surprise me it I was a fuel pump as the car is 20 years old. Probably just have the mechanic take care of it. Too much shit going on to work on this now
If you end up doing the fuel pump let me know, i'm considering replacing mine in my 08' crown vic. Nothing is wrong with it though but the float. It takes about 30-40 minutes of driving for my fuel gauge to show full after filling up. I think it can be changed without dropping the tank on these cars.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
If you end up doing the fuel pump let me know, i'm considering replacing mine in my 08' crown vic. Nothing is wrong with it though but the float. It takes about 30-40 minutes of driving for my fuel gauge to show full after filling up. I think it can be changed without dropping the tank on these cars.

No need to drop the tank. I replaced the fuel pump in my 04 Marauder a few times. If I recall. The gas level has to be below 1/2 tank preferably more. I had to unhook the exhaust from its hanger just to get a little more room to pull the pump assembly out. It’s pretty easy on those cars.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Aaaaand on the way to work the car stared to misfire. Had to turn around and go back home. Not sure if it’s fuel or spark or what. Wouldn’t surprise me it I was a fuel pump as the car is 20 years old. Probably just have the mechanic take care of it. Too much shit going on to work on this now

Perhaps it’s just a coil that is bad.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Those paint bubbles are interesting. Mine aren’t as bad on the trunk of my C5, but you can see the texture in the right light. I had mine sanded and re painted, but unfortunately it didn’t completely fix the issue. Hopefully not a rust bubble starting?

The bumps don’t seem like rust bubbles but if it was going to rust it will be in weird places because it has been parked about 3/4 mile from the ocean forever.

Reactions: SleeperLS

Thread Info