NEW RIDE 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Looks like a nice, dry example for sure. Should be great for you for many years!

I wish I could say the same about mine :rofl:

OP
Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
hmm... getting a coolant temp too low code come up on the mercury. driving to work I took a quick log using HPT and the coolant never got past 175* and cruising in clean air it was steady at 165*. guessing someone either put in a 165* t stat or the stat is opening too early. I hope its an easy thing to change.

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
This is a fun time for us.

Cause then we get to fix the T Stat but then every issue that comes with a properly operating cooling system. Leaky hoses/radiators when that shit finally heats up and builds pressure.

Oh, and it didn't do this before you touched it discussion comes into play

OP
Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
yup.. that is why I'm parking it in the garage after this week and will be driving the wife's traverse. the Grand Marquis will not be seeing salt roads or driven in snow. I'll change the T stat, hoses, belt, whatever else I can find that is old. 61K on it but its been sitting outside, with grass overgrown around it, in southern FL for years.

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
yup.. that is why I'm parking it in the garage after this week and will be driving the wife's traverse. the Grand Marquis will not be seeing salt roads or driven in snow. I'll change the T stat, hoses, belt, whatever else I can find that is old. 61K on it but its been sitting outside, with grass overgrown around it, in southern FL for years.
Card board the radiator. Lmao

OP
Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Card board the radiator. Lmao
lol.. I thought about that today on the way to work.

ohh also need to replace all the amber bulbs. it sat soo long all the amber paint cracked and fell off the bulbs so I'll be blowing the amber pieces out of the housings and replacing them. Also give this a good cleaning inside and out. the paint is still in need of some TLC.

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
lol.. I thought about that today on the way to work.

ohh also need to replace all the amber bulbs. it sat soo long all the amber paint cracked and fell off the bulbs so I'll be blowing the amber pieces out of the housings and replacing them. Also give this a good cleaning inside and out. the paint is still in need of some TLC.
Swap to led bulbs. Just add resistors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom