🔧 BUILD 2003 Ford Mustang GT

General Information

New ride …. New teaser thread …. What is it?

1688879697387.png
  • Haha
Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
After a few days in and out of the garage it’s done … for now.

SR Lowering springs 1-1.5 drop
SR shocks / struts
18x9 & 18x10 matter black saleen’s
Reman rack and pinion
Oil filer adapter gasket
Fresh oil change
Coolant flush
P/s flush
Pypes exhaust
Front end alignment

And only issue we had was a ball joint castle nut that did not want to go back on, so we did pressed in a new ball joint.

Was planning on doing new front control arms but was not even close to breaking those bolts loose.

Alignment shop said they will install my camber caster plates as they are familiar with them and don’t mind aftermarket parts. Which is good.

Finished lol so far.

View attachment 186886
Looks great

Reactions: frank

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
So I know someone at the production company and I let them know a few months back how I picked up a mustang for my son. Last month he called me saying they would like to use the car for the show and give them a list of repairs / maintenance they can use for the show.

So may sons car was picked up by the production company that does CarFix, All Girls Garage, Truck U, and Two Guys garage.

Car was filmed for a new show called Repair2Rev, it’s a dad and daughter who work on car together, mostly maintenance repairs geared toward 16+ year olds and first cars, car was originally picked to be on all girls garage.

The daughter - Riley has he own YouTube channel where she rebuilds carburetors in the garage and then resells them.

Dropped the car on Wednesday, watched the taping of the carfix, and walked the property. Two warehouses in an industrial park, nothing from the outdoor shows anything of a studio.

Taping was done on Saturday mostly with a few hours on Sunday morning, car was ready by noon.

As for repairs, Producer asked what the car could use as I let him know I did a full rebuild over thanksgiving, so I gave him a list I can think of that would make good content.

Trans service, diff service, serpentine belt, tensioner, idler pulleys, car needed seat belt retractors for both seats as they would not retract anymore. so they ordered a new pair from American muscle and they install my camber caster plates for me which was nice of them.

It was cool to be there and watch the production of it all, watched the taping in the shop, we were all able to view the production room, we all had lunch and watched them do a take on a different episode they needed to finish up on.

Overall it was a cool experience for my wife and kids to see this happening.

Drive the car home this afternoon after taping wrapped up and car was clear to leave the building and go home.

Few pics

IMG_3882.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

IMG_2035.jpeg

IMG_2034.jpeg

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_2033.jpeg

IMG_2021.jpeg

IMG_2031.jpeg

IMG_2032.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
That's awesome man. We were just watching all girls garage earlier today.
The studio they tape in looks way bigger then the what it portrays on tv. It’s crazy.

It like the time we went on the price is right, studio on tv looks huge, in person it’s super small.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
That's pretty damn cool. How's the car drive after all the maintenance?
All good, it can use a slight alignment form the camber / caster plates, drove it home yesterday about 60 miles from the studio to home, and did 80-85 all the way home and didn’t skip a beat.

Suspension is better with the camber / caster plates for sure do t get the bottoming out feeling as I did before.

Also the full trans service pan drop / filter replacement helped with the stutter around 35-40mph as all 4r70w seem to have. I did a trans service where they siphoned the fluid when we picked up the car but still had a slight shutter.

The trans pan was never dropped in 130k ( 20 years ) as it still had the stopper when the trans was built for fluid fill up from the factory in the pan. Son has it as for a key chain now lol.

Seat belts are corbru from American muscle ( free from the show) and work great so far as the factory ones are shot.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Tv show staff from the camera crew to the hosts were impressed for a 20 year old car how clean it was, they were shocked, the hosts asked my son if he would like to sell it, he said nope. Lol

Next on the list is a CAI, new pads and rotors all around, and possibly a spoiler delete and full truck lid wrap to match the roof.

Thread Info