2001 Z28 LS1 built 4l60 4000 stall **SOLD**

car is sold!! Thank you!

Hello,

some things have come up and need to sell my Camaro. I was planing on garaging the car and starting to tear it down and fix it up to some extent and keep driving it until it completely falls apart but at this point it won't happen. Car is a 2001 Z28 A4 with 158K on it. I bought it with around 20K in it 2004 when it was stock and have had it since. It has been down the track a bunch of times in its hay-day, had a cam and 75 shot, lots of suspension changes and have driven daily in all weather since I bought it in 2004.

The Bad: Well It has been driven daily since I bought it in 2004 so its rusty. The body is rusted through just behind the doors, probably rusted through under the carpet, It has a brake line that rusted and burst so at this point it is not driveable. the front end has a spider cracked bumper from a bump into another car in the winter years ago and some large driving lights behing a black grille. The rearend needs axle bearings and axles and probably new U-joints on the Driveshaft and a balance as there is a shake at 80+ mph. It has some plastics inside that have cracked and at times the key gets stuck in the ignition because the shifter linkage sticks. T-tops do not leak and are the originals. Even though one is a little scuffed as it flew off at the track years ago.

The good: Stock LS1 motor with 1 7/8 long tubes into a Flowmaster merge and a single muffler dumped at the axle, Tuned with HPT and is not locked down and passes emissions. It doesn't smoke and starts every time and has a newer starter and battery. It has the usual LS motor oil consumption of about 1 quart between oil changes and does leak a drop of two of oil but I'm not sure where its coming from. Trans is 4L60E FLT stage 3 with a PI 4000 stall. It shifts great and still gets up and moves out. There is a trans temp gauge that is mounted on the exit of teh trans cooler and is still routed through the radiator as I drove it in winter. There is no AC on the car but heat works great. Rearend is an odd one. Its a 10 bolt with 3.73 gears that the previous owner had the tubes fully welded and reinforced with angle iron. It held up to multiple low 11 sec passes on DR's and slicks without an issue. Shocks are Koni Yellows from strano that I'm sure will no longer adjust but still feel very well damped and is on stock springs with a coil cut off them. I have the stock wheels with snow tires that are in good shape on the car, a set of 17x9 C5 style wheels with tires that are shot, and If the buyer wants them some steel wheels with ancient snow tires that I was using to roll the car around on. Car will also come with some new axles, bearings, LCA's, various interior parts, and whatever other parts I have laying around for it. I think I may even have the original exhaust tucked in storage. Probably more I'm missing but that is about it.

It has the most basic but banging loud stereo that consists of a headphone jack to plug a phone direct into a Clarion Dash Preamp, into a couple amps and speakers in the door and a 12" sub but I'm Contemplating pulling the amps, sub, and the dash preamp out of the car before I sell it unless the buyer really wants it. Wife wants to have a thumping system in her car.

Again the car runs and moves fine but has no brakes and has a bunch of extras that will go with it. It is in Schaumburg very near Speed. I have the title in hand. $2000 obo. no trades. PM me for more info. Buy it to use the driveline in your project car!

Picture taken a few months ago. and looks the same and is still in the same spot. You can see the rust on the door.

Lots of old pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pewter_camaro/albums/72157628550976271/with/29119245595/

Last edited:
Reactions: SaturdaysGS and Bru

Thread Info