🤝 Sold 2001 Honda Accord LX 5-spd 139k miles $3500 Palatine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
New job new vehicle requirements. I am the second owner of this, the first being my father-in-law, who ordered it new. Garage kept its whole life and it went to the Honda dealer for ALL services from oil, to tires, to timing belt. From all I can see, body is completely rust free. The body and paint is sort of just OK, as there are a ton of dings and scratches. Some of the scratches should come out with some work (what I had started on) but there are some deeper scratches and scuffs that would need body work/paint. Both bumper covers are pretty scratched up, and I was planning on getting them replaced and painted eventually.

Mechanically, it’s flawless. I would not hesitate to drive this to California and back. Tires are Michelin Defenders and are on the newer side. Newer battery. Clutch looks to be original, but still very strong. Water pump/timing belt was done less than 2000 miles ago, along with all fluids being flushed (coolant, brake, power steering, trans). Interior is very clean. I threw on an Alpine double-din with CarPlay and Android Auto. I also swapped the drivers seat to an earlier Integra seat for the adjustable lumbar. It throws an airbag code, as the original drivers seat had an airbag. I have the matching Integra passenger seat I will include to match everything. Just need to swap the rails/brackets.

AC, heat, and everything just works. It’s not fast, but runs great and smooth. Would be a great cheap and reliable DD for someone.

$3500 - 139k miles

Also have some 15” alloy wheels from an Acura CL. They are rough and need refinishing, but if you wanted to dump the steelies or run separate winters and summers

IMG_2204.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

IMG_2201.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
New job new vehicle requirements. I am the second owner of this, the first being my father-in-law, who ordered it new. Garage kept its whole life and it went to the Honda dealer for ALL services from oil, to tires, to timing belt. From all I can see, body is completely rust free. The body and paint is sort of just OK, as there are a ton of dings and scratches. Some of the scratches should come out with some work (what I had started on) but there are some deeper scratches and scuffs that would need body work/paint. Both bumper covers are pretty scratched up, and I was planning on getting them replaced and painted eventually.

Mechanically, it’s flawless. I would not hesitate to drive this to California and back. Tires are Michelin Defenders and are on the newer side. Newer battery. Clutch looks to be original, but still very strong. Water pump/timing belt was done less than 2000 miles ago, along with all fluids being flushed (coolant, brake, power steering, trans). Interior is very clean. I threw on an Alpine double-din with CarPlay and Android Auto. I also swapped the drivers seat to an earlier Integra seat for the adjustable lumbar. It throws an airbag code, as the original drivers seat had an airbag. I have the matching Integra passenger seat I will include to match everything. Just need to swap the rails/brackets.

AC, heat, and everything just works. It’s not fast, but runs great and smooth. Would be a great cheap and reliable DD for someone.

$3500

View attachment 195594

View attachment 195595

View attachment 195596

View attachment 195597
Mileage?
NV, I see it now. Still a baby someone is going to get a good deal

Reactions: willsmysticcobra

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Mileage?
NV, I see it now. Still a baby someone is going to get a good deal

I had been telling my in-laws I need this car for years. And having a ComEd vehicle to drive, it really has just sat in the garage for the last 3-4 months. If it wasn’t for the meh body, this would almost be perfect. I have no reason to believe this won’t run for 100k+ without a hiccup.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info