2000 Newmar Dutch Star 3851 motorhome

I am selling my parents Dutch Star 3851 motorhome that I took over 3 years ago. They bought it new (160K+)and maintained it well and traveled across 48 states several times. Its a diesel pusher with Cummins 300 (8.3L) mated with Allison 6 speed transmission. It has empty weight of 24K can carry 3k or cargo and tow trailer 10-13k depending on cargo weight. It has air suspension and air brakes but no CDL is needed because it is a RV.

I moved up from a 32' travel trailer towed by a Excursion 6.0l tuned/deleted and get better economy towing (8-10 mpg) that we had for years and this has all that we needed to camp out anywhere. With all appliances including washer/dryer/ice maker and 7kw generator everything can be powered and all you hear is the hum of it running. It is perfect for someone wants to camp and have everything self contained.

We drove this from here to Disney and back a few times and parked it at the parks (rv parking up front) to take breaks and eat/nap when needed and really enjoyed Oshkosh Airshow because we were cool in the summer heat with no hookups. This could also work well for a racer because it with its 10K tow rating you can haul car and supplies like pick up but also have a place to sleep/eat. I camp with a lot of travelling salesperson/tradesman that use RV's to live in as they travel with the work. If has a lot of specs/info so instead of putting it all on here (where someone will complain my post is too long) I will paste the Craigslist listing for anyone interested. I spent 7k getting it up to spec in 2017 and in 2018 another 4k to update and repair it. Price on CL is 15k but TCG members get special pricing! RV located in private gated RV community in Shorewood.

Any questions contact 773 879-zero681 or rowekmr(at)aol.com

Newmar Brochure:

Craiglist listing:

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
IMG_4200.JPG
IMG_4202.JPG
IMG_4207.JPG
IMG_4210.JPG
IMG_4209.JPG