3800 2000 Mustang GT

I

itlnrob

I was bored last nite. It was about 9:00pm. I decided to take out my Ws6 that has about a 2 inch layer of dust on it from lack of use.

My intention: Find some sorry sucker to race me.

Victim: 2000 Mustang GT (stock)

Crusing along after about 15 or so minutes, I see this mustang gt up ahead. I jump on the gas a lil bit just enough to get even with this guy. At about 50mph, I couldn't get this guy to play.

I thought to myself, "wow, this guy must actually know he'd get raped. Is it possible for a Mustang owner to be this smart?"

Well, turns out I was wrong. Soon after I pondered on mustang owners having brain cells, I was forced to sit with this piece of dissapointing machinary at a stop light.

As I sit there wishing a faster car that actually wanted to race was next to me, the light turned green and the brave "little" pony took off. I hit the gas and passed him with ease and by 45 had about a bus and a half on this poor sucker.

When will these guys start to learn? Respect the LS1. Respect GM for that manner. Would have been great to tear him up in the GTP too, but I didn't have it out.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Mike K@Sep 19 2005, 05:12 PM
Yet it still outsold the camaro/ firebird 2:1...
[snapback]98254[/snapback]​
If GM would get it's act together that wouldn't happen!

The Camaro/Firebird has gotten so bloated and impractical over the years, that most people looking for a ponycar prefer what the Mustang is about. If you were the average 20 something, it's a lot easier to afford a Mustang new anyway...and that's the market.

Good kill, I love running into Mustangs...just doesn't happen too often.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Mike K@Sep 19 2005, 05:12 PM
Yet it still outsold the camaro/ firebird 2:1...
[snapback]98254[/snapback]​

the reasons for that can go on and on.

WAY more v6 stangs than f bodies.

Price, mustangs are cheaper for a reason. :eek:

also mustangs feel more like a regular car, you dont sit as low and you have high visibility as apposed to sitting lower in an fbody with somewhat crappy visibilty in comparison.

I'd say I see v6 mustang 2:1 compared to v8, and vice-versa on fbodies.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Which was my point... :) The Mustang is the car people wanted, regardless of performance because it's the car that sold. Price certainly played a roll in that.

As Ron said, compare an 88' IROC to a 2002 Z28. The Z28 is a heavy, ugly boat. Nonetheless, Chevy can't afford to make that yet they can afford to make other ugly cars such as the SSR and the HHR.

A nice 68' retro Camaro with the LS2 in it would be fun. You have to admit, the retro Mustang looks cool and finally has some grunt to back up it's look.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by syP@Sep 19 2005, 11:00 PM
Cmon rob... dont act like the LS1 is the greatest thing... maybe he just wanted to race just because??? I would race a lambo (i have and i got spanked)... I know i should "Respect the $xxxxxxx sports car" but you take what you can get...
[snapback]98293[/snapback]​

ls1 isn't the greatest? :lolsign:

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by itlnrob+Sep 19 2005, 11:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Sep 19 2005, 11:00 PM
Cmon rob... dont act like the LS1 is the greatest thing... maybe he just wanted to race just because??? I would race a lambo (i have and i got spanked)... I know i should "Respect the $xxxxxxx sports car" but you take what you can get...

[snapback]98298[/snapback]​
[/b]

Not everyone wants to have horrid knocking straight from the factory.

*cough* http://www.pistonslap.com/ *cough*

could be that, or that they want a good looking car ... or a good sounding car ... or one that's actually fun to drive

sorry to burst your bubble, didn't mean to point out that you drive a fugly car that sounds like ass and is only good for straight line speed

oh nooooo!! are you gonna challenge me to a race now?! or compare how your car model is faster than my car model?! YIKES!

... does it hurt?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Here we go.

Looks are opinion. IMO, mustangs are ugly. The lines of it are ugly. The interior is not meant for comfortable driving. Especially manual. You have to reach into the engine bay to grab the shifter to throw it in second.

IIRC, Fbodies handle ALOT better than stangs. :rolleyes: Especially when you start modding both of them. Or go grab a cobra with its beautiful IRS. :lolsign:

Stock for stock, the stang has a better stounding exhaust, but the LS1 is no pushover. It will still rock your car sideways when it revs and blows your doors off. Modded LS1s sound way better than any stang Ive heard.

Lets not forget that everyone likes to pump OHC. Ohh, its the best. Thats why a N/A 32 valve 4.6 litre is slower than an OHV 5.7. Only took a roots blower to get a stang into 12s while a healthy LS1 can still do it N/A stock.

And have fun stripping the threads in the heads for the spark plugs everytime you change them. Why dont you go over to stangnet and argue if you should add antisieze or loctite. :lolsign:

does THAT hurt?? :lolsign: Or are you gonna challange me to a race?? :rolleyes:

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by NetChemica+Sep 19 2005, 11:38 PM-->
Originally posted by itlnrob@Sep 19 2005, 11:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-syP

could be that, or that they want a good looking car ... or a good sounding car ... or one that's actually fun to drive

sorry to burst your bubble, didn't mean to point out that you drive a fugly car that sounds like ass and is only good for straight line speed

oh nooooo!! are you gonna challenge me to a race now?! or compare how your car model is faster than my car model?! YIKES!

... does it hurt?
[snapback]98302[/snapback]​
[/b]

lmfao..........u must be one of the brain cell less. Its ok. Driving a mustang is kinda like being gay, you do what u feel is right. You are still wrong, but u think its right.

enjoy.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by itlnrob+Sep 20 2005, 08:29 AM-->
Originally posted by NetChemica@Sep 19 2005, 11:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-syP

... does it hurt?

lmfao..........u must be one of the brain cell less. Its ok. Driving a mustang is kinda like being gay, you do what u feel is right. You are still wrong, but u think its right.

enjoy.
[snapback]98324[/snapback]​
[/b]

You know posting this was dangerous over here....

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Sep 20 2005, 09:44 AM-->
Originally posted by itlnrob@Sep 20 2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by NetChemica@Sep 19 2005, 11:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-syP

... does it hurt?

enjoy.
[snapback]98324[/snapback]​

You know posting this was dangerous over here....
[snapback]98338[/snapback]​
[/b]

o well i dont' care.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by Fish@Sep 20 2005, 12:26 AM
Here we go.

Looks are opinion. IMO, mustangs are ugly. The lines of it are ugly. The interior is not meant for comfortable driving. Especially manual. You have to reach into the engine bay to grab the shifter to throw it in second.

IIRC, Fbodies handle ALOT better than stangs. :rolleyes: Especially when you start modding both of them. Or go grab a cobra with its beautiful IRS. :lolsign:

Stock for stock, the stang has a better stounding exhaust, but the LS1 is no pushover. It will still rock your car sideways when it revs and blows your doors off. Modded LS1s sound way better than any stang Ive heard.

Common GM idiocy. You seem to mistake a good sounding exhaust for a loud one. I can make my exhaust sound loud too with a straighpipe setup, it just won't sound as good as some exhaust setups make it.

Lets not forget that everyone likes to pump OHC. Ohh, its the best. Thats why a N/A 32 valve 4.6 litre is slower than an OHV 5.7. Only took a roots blower to get a stang into 12s while a healthy LS1 can still do it N/A stock.

Even more GM idiocy. You have more than a liter of displacement, and since when was puting a blower on a car a bad thing? Now with less than $500 worth of mods an 03/04 cobra owner can cross the 500whp line. Which is more than you can say for the LS1 (we're talking nitrous-less).

And have fun stripping the threads in the heads for the spark plugs everytime you change them. Why dont you go over to stangnet and argue if you should add antisieze or loctite. :lolsign:

does THAT hurt??  :lolsign: Or are you gonna challange me to a race??  :rolleyes:
[snapback]98305[/snapback]​

nothing like reusing other people's jokes, OH the originality, but then again you DO drive a GM, I didn't expect any more of you

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Here we go.

IIRC, Fbodies handle ALOT better than stangs. :rolleyes: Especially when you start modding both of them. Or go grab a cobra with its beautiful IRS.

Common GM idiocy.  You seem to mistake a good sounding exhaust for a loud one.  I can make my exhaust sound loud too with a straighpipe setup, it just won't sound as good as some exhaust setups make it.

Have you even heard a modified LS1 exhaust?? Do you know what your talking about?? Honestly?? Tell me you have SOME knowledge of the LS1 besides its a GM.

Even more GM idiocy.  You have more than a liter of displacement, and since when was puting a blower on a car a bad thing?  Now with less than $500 worth of mods an 03/04 cobra owner can cross the 500whp line.  Which is more than you can say for the LS1 (we're talking nitrous-less).

Haha. Guess that goes with the saying, there is no replacment for displacement. Yeah woo, 500 for 500 unreliable HP. Im impressed. I actually think that is BS as well. That modded 03 cobra that LOST to a STOCK AMG had more than 500 invested and only pushed 430ish HP. Yeah. Still a ford.

Putting a blower on a car is not a bad thing. Beating a car with a blower while your N/A is a great feeling that makes people all warm an fuzzy inside.

And why no N20?? That should be fair. One power adder each.

Then again, why am I arguing over the cobra?? You drive the over-rated, under powered 4.6 litre V8.

And have fun stripping the threads in the heads for the spark plugs everytime you change them. Why dont you go over to stangnet and argue if you should add antisieze or loctite.

does THAT hurt??  :lolsign: Or are you gonna challange me to a race??  :rolleyes:

nothing like reusing other people's jokes, OH the originality, but then again you DO drive a GM, I didn't expect any more of you

Still didnt make a remark about the heads or the plugs. Cause you know Im right. So what exactly do you use?? loctite or antiseize?? :lolsign:

Your ignorance makes me laugh. I didnt know a certain car owner makes him stupid or smarter. If that is the case, you should be more retarded than you claim GM owners to be since all the illegals drive fords. :lolsign:

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Originally posted by Fish@Sep 20 2005, 10:13 PM
Here we go.

IIRC, Fbodies handle ALOT better than stangs. :rolleyes: Especially when you start modding both of them. Or go grab a cobra with its beautiful IRS.

Common GM idiocy.  You seem to mistake a good sounding exhaust for a loud one.  I can make my exhaust sound loud too with a straighpipe setup, it just won't sound as good as some exhaust setups make it.

Have you even heard a modified LS1 exhaust?? Do you know what your talking about?? Honestly?? Tell me you have SOME knowledge of the LS1 besides its a GM.

Yea, I hear it all the time. Doesn't change the fact that it sounds like ass. That and the fact that I work at Carmax. And as you know we have tough rules on what cars we sell. I have worked there for a while, and we have NEVER passed an fbody, and even though we had dozens of corvettes sold to us, we only passed one. Where as we get plenty of v8 mustangs and the only times we fail them is because they have been modified. Kinda sucks that GM has shitty reliability on it's sports cars, maybe that's why they had to kill the fbodies. If they only learned from ford, they would see what a good sports car should be like.

Even more GM idiocy.  You have more than a liter of displacement, and since when was puting a blower on a car a bad thing?  Now with less than $500 worth of mods an 03/04 cobra owner can cross the 500whp line.  Which is more than you can say for the LS1 (we're talking nitrous-less).

Haha. Guess that goes with the saying, there is no replacment for displacement. Yeah woo, 500 for 500 unreliable HP. Im impressed. I actually think that is BS as well. That modded 03 cobra that LOST to a STOCK AMG had more than 500 invested and only pushed 430ish HP. Yeah. Still a ford.

It all depends on where you put the money. It's been done before, so try doing some research before running your mouth.

Putting a blower on a car is not a bad thing. Beating a car with a blower while your N/A is a great feeling that makes people all warm an fuzzy inside.

And why no N20?? That should be fair. One power adder each.

because n2o is the cheapest form of power you can get, and anyone can strap on a nitrous kit and claim numbers

Then again, why am I arguing over the cobra?? You drive the over-rated, under powered 4.6 litre V8.

And have fun stripping the threads in the heads for the spark plugs everytime you change them. Why dont you go over to stangnet and argue if you should add antisieze or loctite.

Still didnt make a remark about the heads or the plugs. Cause you know Im right. So what exactly do you use?? loctite or antiseize?? :lolsign:

I don't see why I have to reply to it. I have owned my 4.6 for ages now, changed spark plugs regularly, torqued them the right amount each time. Never had a problem.

Your ignorance makes me laugh. I didnt know a certain car owner makes him stupid or smarter. If that is the case, you should be more retarded than you claim GM owners to be since all the illegals drive fords.  :lolsign:
[snapback]98451[/snapback]​

Wow, nothing like reusing someone elses jokes. Absolutely no originality. Look, don't get so pussy hurt because you ended up buying a car from a company that's about to go under. One day, you too will be able to drive a great car such as a 4.6 or a 5.4 mustang. Too bad you are too thick headed to realize that 99.9 percent of GM cars are pieces of shit. Whereas .01 percent of Fords are in bad condition. You are a lost cause, so I'm out. Feel free to make fun of cars that are clearly superior to what you drive if that's what will make you feel better about your piss poor decision.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yea, I hear it all the time. Doesn't change the fact that it sounds like ass. That and the fact that I work at Carmax. And as you know we have tough rules on what cars we sell. I have worked there for a while, and we have NEVER passed an fbody, and even though we had dozens of corvettes sold to us, we only passed one. Where as we get plenty of v8 mustangs and the only times we fail them is because they have been modified. Kinda sucks that GM has shitty reliability on it's sports cars, maybe that's why they had to kill the fbodies. If they only learned from ford, they would see what a good sports car should be like.

That is BULLSHIT. Ive been to a number of carmaxs and seen plenty of Fbodies and vettes. I dont know what the hell you are thinking. You sir are full of shit.

It all depends on where you put the money. It's been done before, so try doing some research before running your mouth.

IIRC he had a pulley, CAI, dynotuned, few other mods I can think of since I dont have MY computer in front of me and Nitto555Rs. I do research. I have a passion for all cars. Just not their arrogant owners.

because n2o is the cheapest form of power you can get, and anyone can strap on a nitrous kit and claim numbers

Who cares. Run what you brung. Dont be a pussy and chicken out racing a juiced LS1 with your MIGHTY Mustang or 03 Cobras wussing out cause their poor ole M112ed V8 cant hang with it.

I don't see why I have to reply to it. I have owned my 4.6 for ages now, changed spark plugs regularly, torqued them the right amount each time. Never had a problem.

Ages?? Try less than a year. You were posting on here asking what to buy. Thats good you dont have a problem. Have fun with that torque wrench trying not to mess up your Ford quality aluminum heads.

Wow, nothing like reusing someone elses jokes. Absolutely no originality. Look, don't get so pussy hurt because you ended up buying a car from a company that's about to go under. One day, you too will be able to drive a great car such as a 4.6 or a 5.4 mustang. Too bad you are too thick headed to realize that 99.9 percent of GM cars are pieces of shit. Whereas .01 percent of Fords are in bad condition. You are a lost cause, so I'm out. Feel free to make fun of cars that are clearly superior to what you drive if that's what will make you feel better about your piss poor decision.

You should be one to type goofy. My pussy hurt?? HAHA, please. Im SOOOO envyious of Ford designed engines. Including their 3.8s. Ohh Im so scarred of their 3.8s. The ones that blew head gaskets around 80K before they redesigned them in 99. Then they have a problem with making actual power. Ohh, soo scared. :rolleyes:

Or how about their SUVs that had a problem of flipping?? Great design there. Go ahead and blame Firestone. FORD still put them on.

How about the other SUVs that catch fire out of the clear blue sky?? Ohh its so wonderful that GM cant make crap like that. :jerkoff:

Haha, the Focus recalled 9 times since its release in 99. Along with the Stangs parking brake failing if you park on an incline. Yay Ford. I want me one of those. :rolleyes: The list goes on and on and one. Sure, GMs have recalls too, but I havent really seen anyone DIE due to a fault of GM.

99.9 percent of cars which you have no clue what you are talking about. Sure you work at carmax. Does that make you a know it all on every car in the world?? Ive had some sales guys at carmax TRY to sell me on a car when I know more about it then they do. Dont give me that line of shit.

I liked that little "piss poor decision". Thats great. Do you KNOW what state you live in?? Retard?? Its called Illifuckingnois. It snows, and rains, 8 months out of the god damn year. Have fun with your "superior" machine in the winter. Ohh wait, you should be fine. You need to actually make HP to break the tires loose. :lolsign:

You are the reason I hate fords and their owners. You know SHIT, and you spout SHIT.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by Fish@Sep 21 2005, 10:04 AM
I dont care how fast his car is. He is making personal opinion on a GM favoring site trying to say how "Superior" Ford is. Gimme a break.

I dont mind Fords or Mustangs, but if your gonna spout stupid ass shit, Ill throw it back in your face.
[snapback]98480[/snapback]​

Very well put!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Gm seems to have more recalls only because they are a GIANT company...

No one Knows when Kia recalls all there rios.....

As compared to a GM line, wich sells around 10-30x more volume then other companies.

Maybe there are more mustangs on a carmax lot because there were more sold...and most were automatics from people that just pointed them in the direction to go.

There are so many stock mustangs out there it sick...even ones with grandmas and moms driving them around....

Throwing a blower on a 4.6 doesnt count....Throw that same blower on an ls1 and race. :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info