Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Ok 10 answers in one.......lol
Most the f-bodys people bring to sell me at carmax are one or the other. 100k miles plus or 10k miles. None that are just normal...lol. In fact I did a 97 camaro plain jane, 155k miles, we offered 950 which I was like wow!!! He was pissed!! Dude who wants your 155k mile camaro? no one.
Everyone has tons of recalls, the imports hide them better. How many people know the super most have MDX had every transmission recalled? Few if any. Because they push it as reliable even when not true.
Look at how many mustangs sold are 6 instead of the 8, or even 4. Camaro and Firebird buyers stayed away from them but mustang owners didnt care. Might also look at how many female mustang owners there are, Including my mother-in-law who is 83 and drives one.
Whats to bad is those who wouldnt support the f-bodies with a smaller engine didn't snatch up every GTO available. A great car and less expensive than a cobra used.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
Mustangs are NOT fast, end of story.

you take your standard 4.6, throw a blower on it- what do you run? mid 12's at DANGEROUS boost levels.

take an LS1 f-body, WITHOUT TOUCHING THE MOTOR you can dip into the 11s.

yea a few hundred bucks will get an 03cobra to 500hp, but i guarantee you i can find a hundred ls1's pushing 400hp that'll drag their ass down the 1320.

Mustangs are good daily drivers, they're quick, they sound nice- but dont try to compare dollar for dollar straight line performance with an lsx based car.

I also work at carmax, been there two and a half years- and in the time i've been there weve only had 3 or 4 fbodies kicked to wholesale that werent over 100k miles.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by xttc2000@Sep 22 2005, 01:01 PM

Shit.. remember that night we were in schaumburg and you took me for a ride in ur stang.. i think i revved at you on the highway... anyways.. we raced that DSM talon/eclipse... and he owned you... then in the parking lot he asked if you wanted to race for money??? Damn.. only if you had ur nitrous hooked up at the time.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
From a stop light up to around 50-60..........thats what alll the ricers love to do in thier AWD setups..

after that they shut down and claim they won.

Guy I new had 2 axles crack on his 03 cobra back in 03 with less then 1k miles on the car.....

All cars have problems.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by xttc2000@Sep 22 2005, 01:01 PM

you take your standard 4.6, throw a blower on it- what do you run? mid 12's at DANGEROUS boost levels.

take an LS1 f-body, WITHOUT TOUCHING THE MOTOR you can dip into the 11s.

yea a few hundred bucks will get an 03cobra to 500hp, but i guarantee you i can find a hundred ls1's pushing 400hp that'll drag their ass down the 1320.

Mustangs are good daily drivers, they're quick, they sound nice- but dont try to compare dollar for dollar straight line performance with an lsx based car.

I also work at carmax, been there two and a half years- and in the time i've been there weve only had 3 or 4 fbodies kicked to wholesale that werent over 100k miles.
[snapback]98560[/snapback]​

What do you know. You have not had the privilage to own both cars and mod them.

Or did you???? :ph34r: :ph34r:

:lolsign:

God I hate being right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info