$200 bike

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake
Found this ad on craigslist and was talking to the guy about it. Its a 1979 suzuki gs 425. Not the prettiest bike but its cheap. Engine needs to be rebuilt along with a paint job and seat needs new upholstery.

I don't know anything about bikes but would this be a good pick up and fix up? Moneys tight but i could afford picking up and slowly fixing it over winter (with friends or stranger or pay a mechanic to rebuild engine). This would be my first bike and hopefully I would get familiarized with bikes in general.

You guys input?

And yes, Riski, I know its an ugly bike even if it looks minty.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
All I can say, I had a 76 Honda CB360, sounded like it blew a ring or 3 one night. Just parts alone, which were special order from Europe, were about $700. That is, if they could order them. My roommate's 2 bikes, an 80 and an 81, both have caliper issues, one was fixed, the other still needs to be rebuilt if we can find a kit, and it needs a generator... again, can't/hard to find, and baller expensive if you can.

Older bikes = cheaper yes, but when something goes wrong, it can quite possibly be over for that bike.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• POS Neon
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list