$200 bike

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
Reaction score
Found this ad on craigslist and was talking to the guy about it. Its a 1979 suzuki gs 425. Not the prettiest bike but its cheap. Engine needs to be rebuilt along with a paint job and seat needs new upholstery.

I don't know anything about bikes but would this be a good pick up and fix up? Moneys tight but i could afford picking up and slowly fixing it over winter (with friends or stranger or pay a mechanic to rebuild engine). This would be my first bike and hopefully I would get familiarized with bikes in general.

You guys input?

And yes, Riski, I know its an ugly bike even if it looks minty.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
:rofl: sounds not worth it, I am sure there is more than that wrong w it....
You can buy cheap, but unsafe is another thing,.....save up some coin over winter n pick one up....running and decent

OP
POS Neon

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
Reaction score
Yeah I guess. Im almost paid off my loan for my DD. Maybe get another loan and pick up an R1/R6 and cruise with you guys next year. But I still want to get something cheap to practice on just in case my fat ass falls off.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
Reaction score
All I can say, I had a 76 Honda CB360, sounded like it blew a ring or 3 one night. Just parts alone, which were special order from Europe, were about $700. That is, if they could order them. My roommate's 2 bikes, an 80 and an 81, both have caliper issues, one was fixed, the other still needs to be rebuilt if we can find a kit, and it needs a generator... again, can't/hard to find, and baller expensive if you can.

Older bikes = cheaper yes, but when something goes wrong, it can quite possibly be over for that bike.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom