• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2 days before dyno.....

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Haven't started the car in 4 months, there is an inch of dust on it, leaves in the cowl.

Fuel jet needs to be swapped out for the N2O
New Fuel filter with E85 element needs to be installed
Gas tank is bone dry
Need to load my E85 tune
Tires are low
Fuel pump wiring needs to be completed.

Yep, another normal pre-dyno checklist for me. :biggthump

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Got everything done except putting gas in it and starting it, LOL.
Pulled all the plugs, cleaned them and checked the gap....all still exactly at .022.

I even extended 2 coil pack wires so I can pull them out of the coil cover, then reinstall it whenever I have it on the dyno.

With the E85, maybe ill actually drive it a little this year? :D

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Where are you having it dyno'd? Do you buy the E85 by the drum or just get whatever the pump has in it?

I only ask because I am considering running E85 (street) / Alcohol (race) on the blue one this year.

I buy the pump stuff. Its only 77% right now too, but it will still make awesome power.

I really think that once you use E85 and see its potential, you wont even mess with the alcohol.

Ive read that the E85 or E98 from Ignite Fuels is the cats meeeeow!

ProRauder

Regular
Jan 9, 2010
E98 is tempting. My injectors are at Blower Drive Service right now getting run through a die so they will screw into my injector plate. Switched to a bug catcher for this year and dumping the fuel down the top of the blower. Whichever way I go, I will be buying it by the barrel so I know what it going in it.

Good luck at the dyno!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
E98 is tempting. My injectors are at Blower Drive Service right now getting run through a die so they will screw into my injector plate. Switched to a bug catcher for this year and dumping the fuel down the top of the blower. Whichever way I go, I will be buying it by the barrel so I know what it going in it.

Good luck at the dyno!

All you do is buy the 15 dollar test kit off ebay John.
Bu a drum or 2 (empty) and fill them both at the pump before the summer blend goes away.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Marauder Failed but Kurgan did a great job.
Car made about 120rwhp less than it should have...551 then 521 then 528... at 23 psi and 20 degrees of timing!!!!
At first it was spinning the.tires slightly so we sat in the.trunk. fixed.that problem but no.gains.
Based on the.extremely choppy graph(which I will post later) it is indicative of a.drivetrain problem.
The engine runs great, plugs looked great but.something is preventing the power from making it to the wheels.
On the way to.the.dyno the.car shook pretty good anything 60mph or above. I attributed it to old tires...but on the.way home I really paid attention, and it.got worse. It has a bad vibration when its under load...enough.for me to feel it in my legs.
No its not a coil pack. Engine runs fabulous.
I can't wait to getsome time and have another trans guy evaluate the 'AMAZING' BC AUTO trans that's in it....with about 600 miles on it :rolleyes:

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Marauder Failed but Kurgan did a great job.
Car made about 120rwhp less than it should have...551 then 521 then 528... at 23 psi and 20 degrees of timing!!!!
At first it was spinning the.tires slightly so we sat in the.trunk. fixed.that problem but no.gains.
Based on the.extremely choppy graph(which I will post later) it is indicative of a.drivetrain problem.
The engine runs great, plugs looked great but.something is preventing the power from making it to the wheels.
On the way to.the.dyno the.car shook pretty good anything 60mph or above. I attributed it to old tires...but on the.way home I really paid attention, and it.got worse. It has a bad vibration when its under load...enough.for me to feel it in my legs.
No its not a coil pack. Engine runs fabulous.
I can't wait to getsome time and have another trans guy evaluate the 'AMAZING' BC AUTO trans that's in it....with about 600 miles on it :rolleyes:

600miles!!! :eek:
Well I hope it's not the trans or any other parts from BC Automotive.
Remember Fordnut? He still has'nt changed his sig after all this time.

Good Luck with the repair

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info