• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2 days before dyno.....

FordNut

Oct 13, 2010
Lol. Im going to pay out of pocket to have a reputable shop dissect the trans. Im not putting the 4r70w back in..... gonna get another th400 and a gear vendors when I have some money.

Probably a good approach. Good durability, OD with the GV unit. Shorter driveshaft so there's less vibration. Ony downside is the non-locking converter so your fuel economy may be impacted. I believe I saw an article on a locking converter conversion for powerglides, I wonder if there's something like that for the TH400?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Probably a good approach. Good durability, OD with the GV unit. Shorter driveshaft so there's less vibration. Ony downside is the non-locking converter so your fuel economy may be impacted. I believe I saw an article on a locking converter conversion for powerglides, I wonder if there's something like that for the TH400?

Ill be happy with anything that works based on the money.shelled out.
Oh lord if the.trans is the.culprit im gonna lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info