• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2.76 Pullied Cobra with Idler - belt question

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Right now I have a 75.1 inch Gates belt on the Cobra which is a pretty tight fit and barely makes it onto the pulleys at it is. This is the size belt recommended by Billetflow when I got the pulleys.

I need to replace the belt and I was thinking about going with a 75.59 inch belt which is about a 1/2 inch longer. The idea is to release a bit of the strain that is on the pulleys and tensioner. It doesn't seem like such a small increment would matter, but I wanted to check here first, just in case there is something I'm missing.

What do you guys think?

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Not a fan of the blower belt drive system on the Cobras either, it took me almost 2 years to find the perfect match of billetflow pulleys and belt to have it running without beltslip and without any squeaking. The stock pulleys are absolute garbage too.

So what's the combination?

I have belt squeak too and I'm getting tired of changing belts every 8 months because of it. Granted, my squeak is not too loud and goes away after about 2 minutes, but it's still annoying. Certainly nothing like Mook's video above.

I need a proven solution.

Gonna try a Dayco belt, but I might go a 1/2 inch longer to try and reduce the strain on the pulley's.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
So what's the combination?

I have belt squeak too and I'm getting tired of changing belts every 8 months because of it. Granted, my squeak is not too loud and goes away after about 2 minutes, but it's still annoying. Certainly nothing like Mook's video above.

I need a proven solution.

Gonna try a Dayco belt, but I might go a 1/2 inch longer to try and reduce the strain on the pulley's.

I tried various belts with the stock pulleys, tried belts with steeda pulleys, and tried belts with the current Billetflow pulleys I have on now, which haven't made a sound since summer of 2011.

My current setup is the Billetflow 4 Pulley snub Idler Kit (3-100mm pulleys and 1-92mm pulley) and a 75.5 gates belt you can buy at NAPA. Put a 100mm pulley on the idler bracket instead of the 92mm one and everything will be super tight. Haven't had a squeak, beltslip, or a belt eaten up in almost 2 years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info