1st time at Blackhawk Farms today

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
People told me that the track wasn’t that fun since it was small/more technical, but I had a blast navigating my gorilla of a car out there today.
Definitely will go back. The event was put on by rev match and it was a little more relaxed than other tack events. Some more families out there and they allowed passengers…for awhile. Third session of the day an e46 most have lost his brakes in turn one and went over the tire barrier and landed right next to the woods. He was in my intermediate run group and had his girl riding shotgun. No passengers allowed after that incident.
I’ll see if I can’t post a lap of the Charger plowing around the track once I get the GoPro uploaded.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Blackhawk is a really fun track. A small group of us were out their for their Wednesday track day in June. Their own track days are really well organized.

Next time you go let me know. I’m always solo at these things. Making some friends now though and seeing a lot of familiar faces.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Next time you go let me know. I’m always solo at these things. Making some friends now though and seeing a lot of familiar faces.

Will do! It would be nice to meet some more people that run in local HPDEs. I'm probably done with track days for the season. My car needs a clutch before I take it back out on track. I'm just cruising in it and taking it easy for now. I'm tied up with my fox body project right now, so the clutch Is waiting until winter.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Glad you had a good time there. Allowing passengers was pretty nice of them (until the beemer binned it, lol). Every once in a while for the bike track days the promoters will let you run with a passenger during the lunch break. Only restriction (besides all the necessary safety geat) is you have to be in the Advanced class.

As for BHF I've run it a few times on the bike and just wasn't a fan of it, which is a shame since it's just as close as ACC.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
How bad is the tire wear ? Do you have a separate track setup?

I don’t have separate tires/wheels. I have a typical summer tire on my car (Nitto nt555G2). They are nearing there end but they have seen 7 track days and about 19k street miles.
Getting a smaller diameter wheel would probably be smart in the long run, I’m to broke to do it now. I have 20x10” wheel in front and 20x11” whee in back. This definitely ups the cost of tires and limits your selection.
Overall the tires have worn really good. My alignment is about -1.5 all around.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Nice! There was a Hellcat Challenger in my run group when I was there last month. Turns 3 through 5 are fun. Once you started getting used to the track you can definitely notice more and more speed going into turn 6.

Here's a few laps from one of my sessions

You are definitely hauling. I now there are some places I can pic up pace. More consistent pace through turn three and definitely braking later on the first straight. I think my car on my tires could probably do a 1:28 around there and that would be really pushing it.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
You are definitely hauling. I now there are some places I can pic up pace. More consistent pace through turn three and definitely braking later on the first straight. I think my car on my tires could probably do a 1:28 around there and that would be really pushing it.

I was in the low 1:28s in my second session. After that, I was asked to remove my phone mount off of my windshield, so I had nothing to record lap times. I can definitely improve through turn 3 also. My line was inconsistent all day as I was trying different things to try to carry more speed through there. I think it was my 3rd lap where you can see the rear end stepped out on me as I was coming to the end of the carousel.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I always avoided this track on the bike because there are so many turns with no runoff, not to mention the pavement looks like shit in the videos. Glad you had fun though

The pavement is fine, I’d me more worried about the curbs at this track. They are straight up nasty looking wheel breakers.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
I looked at some of my times from the last time I went back in 2019, looks like my best lap was 1.30. I could have probably pushed the car a little more but I am always paranoid about my 22 year old car breaking, lol. I know I could have made up more time with braking, I probably could have come in a little hotter but I was concerned about the brakes giving out like the previously mentioned Bimmer, also just kept it in 3rd gear in all the turns, could have potentially gone down to 2nd especially in that last turn before the straight and come out with more power.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Haven’t had any problems with the car except for having to replace axels due to cv boots ripping. One they replaced, second they didn’t. But that was because my aftermarket coilovers boot was rubbing on the cv boot so it was a modification that caused the problem.
I think they would need to prove something broke on the track to not cover it.
My service advisor is a pretty cool guy, I know he used to run a car at autobahn so I should be in good hands.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info