1quick's marine audio build thread

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Long story short my dad an I built the pontoon I have now several years ago for him, he went cheap on the sound system, I ended up buying the toon from him when he was ready to upgrade, and now it's time to upgrade from 4 Jensen marine 5.25's running off head unit power

My plans, I'm going to run eight 6.5" audio pipe marine speakers and a jl 10" sub off a jl 600x6 amp, the speakers I just used on another small build with a similar amp so I could make sure they sounded ok and would handle the power, I know the sub is fine I run the same set up in my other boat, I'm doing 4 of the speakers in small boxes I found on Amazon and 4 under the back seat free air, the sub is also going into a ported box adding a battery and a switch too, here is the stuff, and trying t keep this project cheap I traded labor for all of the audio equipment, I've got about 350 into wire cables, cable ends, boxes, battery switch pretty much everything to install the whole deal

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Glad I decided not to uncover the pontoon today it's dark but at least I'm dry right now lol

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Hey, is that a jl audio sub?

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind it is, they should brand them better

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
e-bay no name sub, JL cover so everyone thinks its JL. i like your style.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Well this turned out like I had wanted, I was scared I would mess up the vinyl but it wasn't too bad

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm using for the front 6.5" speakers, in a quest to water proof them somewhat so they don't crumble due to being mdf, I decided to try coating them inside and out with fiberglass resin, turned out pretty decent I went right over the carpet and let it soak in, it turned out with a finish that is similar to rhino liner

Before

After

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Got it pretty much finished up I still need to make some feet for the sub box so the bottom of it doesn't get soft sitting on the floor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom