1quick's AR build

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I picked up two of these Anderson lowers on Black Friday for 50 each. I figured it would be a good time to learn more about AR's and build a couple. I plan to do a more precision type build in .223/.556 with a scope, and probably another 7.62x39 build. I have 2 16" ar's currently both are iron sights.

Stuff I ordered
Palmetto state lower build kit with enhanced trigger just polished and nickel plated
Moe grip
Acs-l stock
Aero precision upper
Seekins primary arms 15" hand guard

I'm going to have the upper lower and hand guard cerakoted when they come in, supposed to be here today, the palmetto stuff will probably be weeks before it even ships slow fuckers

What I have now practically nothing sadness

mike2ss

Reaction score
I picked up two of these Anderson lowers on Black Friday for 50 each. I figured it would be a good time to learn more about AR's and build a couple. I plan to do a more precision type build in .223/.556 with a scope, and probably another 7.62x39 build. I have 2 16" ar's currently both are iron sights.

Stuff I ordered
Palmetto state lower build kit with enhanced trigger just polished and nickel plated
Moe grip
Acs-l stock
Aero precision upper
Seekins primary arms 15" hand guard

I'm going to have the upper lower and hand guard cerakoted when they come in, supposed to be here today, the palmetto stuff will probably be weeks before it even ships slow fuckers

What I have now practically nothing sadness

I bought three Anderson lowers from Big R on sale for $50. Out the door for $56 and some change. Couldn't pass them up. So far I've built two of them using Alex Pro uppers. Perfect fit each time. Put about 500 rounds through them and no problems at all. Still deciding what to do with the third. Good quality especially for the price.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
you buy the seekins rail from primaryarms while it was on sale? i contemplated buying a couple of them for future builds

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
you buy the seekins rail from primaryarms while it was on sale? i contemplated buying a couple of them for future builds
Not positive if it was on sale or not, I believe it was 90bucks

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Lower parts kit and a couple mags that were on sale came in today

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Put the lower together today wow that was easy I should have done this years ago

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Looks good! I just did mine with the same lower parts kit....amazing how easy it is. Pretty fun too!

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
So I bought the rest of the parts I need to put the upper together last night should be a pretty neat looking gun when it's done

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cool, you got tools? If not I still have my blocks and wrench here.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Cool, you got tools? If not I still have my blocks and wrench here.
I don't have a bench block, but I was just looking at making something I have a wrench and punch set and the roll pin starter punches, I need to mount my vice still also lol

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
The rest of my parts should be here today getting excited this is going to be a purty looking ar when it's all finished up

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
What kind of charging handle are you planning on using?

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm not even positive what one a bought lol it's a large latch but other than that I don't remember the brand or anything, pretty sure it was a cheaper one

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm not even positive what one a bought lol it's a large latch but other than that I don't remember the brand or anything, pretty sure it was a cheaper one
Don't forget if you need any parts or anything, let me know.

I'm waiting for some Take down pins from Radian Arms (formally AXTS). Hopefully I'll get those soon.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
What is your ultimate goal with the rifle? Crazy accuracy, tactical build, just for fun, etc?
Just for messing around, I just wanted to build one from scratch this is the first I've done like that, I plan to build a nicer one for more precision next I'll probably do it in 204 ruger and throw an nice scope on it, this is my third ar I normally just build them to plink with open sights

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Got the upper parts in today, much easier to build than I initially expected

Red Alert

Reaction score
Just for messing around, I just wanted to build one from scratch this is the first I've done like that, I plan to build a nicer one for more precision next I'll probably do it in 204 ruger and throw an nice scope on it, this is my third ar I normally just build them to plink with open sights

I did the same thing. Just wanted to basically fuck around and see what I could make. I spec'd out some really nice AR's and just bought individual pieces of what I liked most about them. Building it was much simpler than anticipated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom