🔧 BUILD 1quick picks up a new dadf150 *UPDATE* Running 11s in a leased truck!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The tuner said my logs look solid, I did a full pull again today, shit da but running pretty well for a pick up truck still trapping 115 in the heat today

D6D67E45-160A-4587-829D-35548618A2D5.png

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So back to this thing as I have time, I put a new bottle pressure switch on because the nx one has too big of a swing in my opinion the bottle is either too low or too high all the time and it makes it very hard to tune, so I buy the one I used on my last build install it to realize I left a basically brand new bottle open for like 3weeks straight and over that period of time 12-13lbs of nitrous leaked out of the system, okey doky I’ll just burn the 100 bucks and try again

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
1quick changes his spark plugs today per tuners request, spark plugs look mint I don’t understand why we are having so much trouble dialing in this stupid truck, I’ve never had to do more than a hand full of data logging before I’ve done around 40 logs for this tune and still going

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
1quick changes his spark plugs today per tuners request, spark plugs look mint I don’t understand why we are having so much trouble dialing in this stupid truck, I’ve never had to do more than a hand full of data logging before I’ve done around 40 logs for this tune and still going
Is Rob slippin?

Damn this truck moves out! You going to track day?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Is Rob slippin?

Damn this truck moves out! You going to track day?
Yeah I’ll be at the track day, the new tuner James is doing this tune, it seems like it’s been a combination of stuff that’s made it hard to tune, he said he’s run into it with other new coyotes with the dual fuel system, inconsistent bottle pressure was my biggest problem I believe though

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I’ve tried every combo I have jets for, it ran richer with a smaller fuel jet, I put a bigger nitrous jet in and it had knock, I tried jetting both sides down no change, the tuner won’t give me the ok to make full passes he’s afraid it will go too rich and nitrous backfire I think

• Sad
Reactions: SleeperLS

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
At the track day @Great White Drake pointed out an exhaust leak I had going on, I knew I had one I was just too lazy to get under there probably part of my tuning issue on the nitrous but I had convinced myself otherwise since I was to lazy to get under there and find it lol, today I decided to try and fix it, it was right at the manifold to y connection smidge of red rtv and jack around with it for an hour and I believe she’s all fixed up, also here’s my best slip from the track day as a bonus for those that read all about my exhaust leak

5B35B306-F26A-43DD-BE73-F218DFBE76C3.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I keep going back and fourth on blower or not to blower I know it will be fun but I also need a motor for my boat that’s going to put me back pretty hard this year, I’m going to talk to circle d on Monday about a tq converter and see if they think I can get away with towing and using a converter

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I keep going back and fourth on blower or not to blower I know it will be fun but I also need a motor for my boat that’s going to put me back pretty hard this year, I’m going to talk to circle d on Monday about a tq converter and see if they think I can get away with towing and using a converter
How big of a converter are you trying to go? I had a Circle D 3200 in my 04 truck it towed wonderfully.

It'll all depend on size, physical size mainly, that you choose.

I hope we can line up this year at some point

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
How big of a converter are you trying to go? I had a Circle D 3200 in my 04 truck it towed wonderfully.

It'll all depend on size, physical size mainly, that you choose.

I hope we can line up this year at some point
Im looking for something around a 3200-3400 that’s where the tq really comes in hard, I plan to be at the track days this year I’ll take vacation if I have to

Thread Info