🔧 BUILD 1quick’s new toy for summer of 23

General Information

Not a car sorry bro’s, sold my 2016 bmw s1000r last month, replaced it with a 2022 bmw s1000rr picked it up used with 1800 miles full titanium akro exhaust and a tidy tail otherwise it’s stock, I plan to do a bren stage 2 tune velocity stack sprint filter intake flapper kit and front strap kit for drag racing possibly drop a couple teeth off the rear sprocket to make launching easier that’s about it, here’s the only picture I have it’s getting delivered in the next week or two

5B74729A-016A-49B6-B3F3-2CBC11992AA5.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The scary part is if you hit a ripple in the road it’s enough to lift the front end at any speed even with the front end slammed with the strap, I’ve had it come up at 140, without the strap it’s predictable it comes up as soon as you breathe on the throttle at any speed I’ve grown to trust wheelie control it manages it pretty well

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, mine did that. If I was in full-tuck with the throttle pinned, and banging through the gears, the nose would come up during the 5-6 up-shift, which was about 160mph. Had quite a few [dumb] times I did that at night, and I would just watch the headlight beam go from illuminating the road to pointing over the horizon.

Now, the 160mph claim might seem like bullshit, but the bike did 106mph in first gear, and "topped out" at 186, so each gear from 2-6 carried a minimum range of 16mph (80 / 5) at the limiter. So while in peak power you'd be going from 5th to 6th right about 160mph. Also keep in mind, at the time I was about 135lbs soaking wet with my gear on.

I did end up having to put on a HyperPro steering damper since it was prone to head shakes and tank slappers. I think in 2006 or 2007 Kawasaki made the Ohlins damper a standard factory item.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It’s counter-intuitive, but when it happens keep the throttle position the same (don’t chop it), and lean back a little. Taking the weight off the front tire will help. Stiffening up the steering damper will help too.
Same throttle position you don’t know me well enough yet lol, throttle position is wot permanently lol, I had a 600 with no dampener I learned quick to throttle out of trouble

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I got a set of ceramic wheel bearings coming for it, and the race air filter I had one in my last bmw looks like a piece of screen from a window lol, last of the mods for this thing hopefully I can pick up a tenth or two in the 1/4 for the track rental shooting for a 9.5 I’d be super happy with that, a 9.4 would be a full second faster than my s1000r was last year

Thread Info