🔧 BUILD 1quick’s new toy for summer of 23

General Information

Not a car sorry bro’s, sold my 2016 bmw s1000r last month, replaced it with a 2022 bmw s1000rr picked it up used with 1800 miles full titanium akro exhaust and a tidy tail otherwise it’s stock, I plan to do a bren stage 2 tune velocity stack sprint filter intake flapper kit and front strap kit for drag racing possibly drop a couple teeth off the rear sprocket to make launching easier that’s about it, here’s the only picture I have it’s getting delivered in the next week or two

5B74729A-016A-49B6-B3F3-2CBC11992AA5.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’m able to roll into it in 1’st gear now still hangs it out hard but it’s soft enough that wheelie control can prevent it from going over, 1’st gear goes to 95+mph now I let off at 95 but wasn’t on the limiter yet
Believe it or not, my 04 ZX-10R did 106mph in first gear, stock. Every gear after that was good for another 16mph, all the way up to 300 Km/h (186 MPH). The same year R1's were good to 104mph.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Believe it or not, my 04 ZX-10R did 106mph in first gear, stock. Every gear after that was good for another 16mph, all the way up to 300 Km/h (186 MPH). The same year R1's were good to 104mph.
That’s crazy for almost 20 years ago, every gear after 1st is good for 30-40mph on this thing, I ran it into 4th today the 3-4 shift is 160ish this gearing should be good for 205-210 I wouldn’t mind seeing 200 once

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That’s crazy for almost 20 years ago, every gear after 1st is good for 30-40mph on this thing, I ran it into 4th today the 3-4 shift is 160ish this gearing should be good for 205-210 I wouldn’t mind seeing 200 once
After some ECU work and dropping 2 teeth on the rear, with my bike I was able to average a two-way run at 204.6 mph on LIDAR. Stock exhaust/muffer, regular old Kawasaki air filter. So yeah, I would think your bike should be able to break that barrier. Just don't follow my safety gear model, jeans, t-shirt, sunglasses, foam ear plugs, and cross-trainers.

Helmet - nope
Gloves - nope
Back or chest protector - nope

Was good to be young, dumb, and invincible!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
figured out how to make adjustments in the race pro modes firmed up the suspension some, gave it all the tq the stock computer will allow and turned the wheelie control to the please save my life mode and made a couple hits in Mexico it’s a bit salty down there today, my phone mount is too short to get the phone rotated in the correct position but you get the idea

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I got the goods today, I use this old pos computer for my tuning software for the bikes and cars and I ran into a few issues but brentune got me squared away within an hour, I was running out of time though working night shift tonight I had just enough time to flash it with the stage 1, still have some parts to install but I’ll probably do that this weekend
89E29AEF-13F2-4F8A-BC74-9DBC8317527C.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I don’t want to change how this bike handles or I’d just lower the front a few inches and leave it, figured the strap kit would be sweet for drag racing of doing some low speed rolls to help keep the front end down
There used to be a guy that would ride in our group on an 01 or 02 R1. Always had to be the "king of the street", so ran with an extended swing arm and a home-brew front strap kit. After repeated attempts from multiple people asking him to lose the front strap, since the swing arm already compromised his handling, he wouldn't. He got into a street race and hit some bumps. The front strap prevented the suspension from having full travel, and the swing arm made it almost impossible to change direction at speed, it did not go well for him. Ended up as a sack of meat contained by his riding gear when he slammed into a wrought iron fence at triple digit speeds.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Was scrolling on instagram and saw Bren tuning as the velocity stacks in stock for my year bike again they have been on back order for months now, they claim they add 7whp to the midrange and top end without hurting the low end so I had to scoop up a set while I’m finishing up the performance mods, it will basically be a full bolt on bike now, they claim 212whp with 93 octane on this set up but either way would be well over 200whp now

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Was scrolling on instagram and saw Bren tuning as the velocity stacks in stock for my year bike again they have been on back order for months now, they claim they add 7whp to the midrange and top end without hurting the low end so I had to scoop up a set while I’m finishing up the performance mods, it will basically be a full bolt on bike now, they claim 212whp with 93 octane on this set up but either way would be well over 200whp now
You going to do any dyno testing/tuning once you have all the parts swapped?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
You going to do any dyno testing/tuning once you have all the parts swapped?
Don’t really need to dyno tune, the new bmw’s tune like the new fords, they have wide bands that talk with the factory computer so bren can tell them to hold whatever afr he knows makes the most power and they self adjust to hold that afr, he is sending me a revised tune for the velocity stacks, but I don’t really care about dyno numbers that’s why I got some dragy data before I started really modding, that way I can compare and see real world performances increases or decreases depending on the changes I make, I’ll be out doing more 60-130’s after the 520 chain conversion and velocity stacks to find the sweet spot sprocket set up

Thread Info