1quick’s 9 second daily driver

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Not really sure what to even say, I set out with a goal a couple years ago to run 9’s on a set up that didn’t even require changing rims and tires at the track, a set up that could be driven across the country at a moments notice in comfort. The slowest pass of the season was a 10.3 after working out a couple issues (false knock) and out working the fuel system I feel like I have a solid 9 second street car. This is what it takes to make that happen. Definitely more in the car on this set up it’s just going to take more seat time.

Current mod list
  • Factory roush/ford racing blower
  • Texas speed headers catless
  • Mbrp exhaust
  • Jlt cold air intake
  • Vmp twin 67 throttle body
  • Hasty bracket (idler bracket with vmp 90mm idler)
  • Vmp 69mm pulley
  • Fore dual pump return system twin 285 pumps through stock feed and rails
  • Id1050x injectors
  • E85
  • Pnr welding ice box with rule 2000 and stock roush pump running in series
  • Steeda irs cradle brace
  • Bmr irs cradle bushing inserts
  • Bmr diff bushing inserts
  • Jms vertical links
  • Boomba racing trans mount
  • 305/40/18 et street ss tires on some hand me down sve rims
  • Most importantly Rob Shoemaker tuned at PBD

A couple straight from the long drive home pics

IMG_1708.jpg
IMG_1709.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg
IMG_1606.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So you keep those tires/wheels on for DD use? How do those tires compare to an ET Street Radial R?

Yeah I drive every day on them, same compound as the r’s but r’s don’t tread water for driving in the rain, probably similar traction wise r’s may have a slight edge in that department since there’s more surface area and less tread

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah I drive every day on them, same compound as the r’s but r’s don’t tread water for driving in the rain, probably similar traction wise r’s may have a slight edge in that department since there’s more surface area and less tread
Hmmm. How long they last? I have a set of rear poverty stars on the ET Street R but I love the idea of not having to swap wheels.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Congratulations. You stuck with it, figured out issues, and made upgrades that made sense. It is impressive especially with the small, early style, TVS blower. Not some huge Whipple.

No matter what people will tell you, you know because they see them all over the internet, a 9-second street car is not common. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
9 second full interior street cars....who would of thought a few years back lol.

Any plans to put a different blower on down the road. I follow that guy on youtube who works for Lund. Has a low 9 second 5.0. They are impressive cars and overall seem fairly reasonable to make fast.

It’s a possibility, I’d like to stay in this power range until it needs a motor, it’s at a point where it can live a long life and be a fun street car, with much more boost it’s days would be numbered

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
It’s a possibility, I’d like to stay in this power range until it needs a motor, it’s at a point where it can live a long life and be a fun street car, with much more boost it’s days would be numbered

I get ya. There is a fine line with every platform.

I don't know if you saw me asking those V guys on Facebook, but it looks like they left the clocks off guys alone.

Thread Info