• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

1999 Astro - speedometer and driveline issue..

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
1999 Astro issue..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSl-CcbCei4

The problem is that at times, the speedometer jumps around while at cruising speeds. When it's doing this, the car stumbles/surges as if it's trying to find a lower gear if you try to accelerate even gently. When you put the pedal down to the floor, it makes it much more apparent. At around 40-45, it seems like it tries to go down into first gear. This issue doesn't happen at all in first gear which makes me for some reason think it's a vehicle speed sensor. On older cars, I would think it was the speedometer cable, but they stopped using those in like 92 or so on these. If I remember right, I think the only VSS on this vehicle is at the front of the driveline? Hopefully you guys can help me out.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
ezevu4ag.jpg

Neat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info