• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

1999-2004 GT questions.

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
With minor bolt on's (CAI, MAF, headers/exhaust) which engine 4.6 2v or 5.0L makes more power with a supercharger at mod boost levels? I'm looking at SN95's and can't decide between the 5.0L (94-95) or the 4.6's (96-98). I found one with a 98 Cobra 4.6L 4v swap though that I am also considering. I'm trying to get into the high 12's with forced induction and bolt on's if possible and have a summer DD.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
With minor bolt on's (CAI, MAF, headers/exhaust) which engine 4.6 2v or 5.0L makes more power with a supercharger at mod boost levels? I'm looking at SN95's and can't decide between the 5.0L (94-95) or the 4.6's (96-98). I found one with a 98 Cobra 4.6L 4v swap though that I am also considering. I'm trying to get into the high 12's with forced induction and bolt on's if possible and have a summer DD.

A 98 Cobra is a 4v stock.

5.0 SN 95's are cool, but odd because there aren't a ton of them, so parts are usually more for them compared to a fox or a 2v sn95

You should be able to put a blower on a 2v and get it in the 12's. I would look at those as they are easier to find and you can get a newer one.

What's your budget. You can get some great deals on 03-04 Cobras and those do work!

If I were gonna get one I would either get a 4v cobra N/A and put a blower on it or get a termi if the budget allowed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info