• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

1999-2004 GT questions.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
96-98 are different from 99-01 motors in the heads intake also.

96-98 are "B" heads

99-01 are "C" heads

You CAN'T interchange heads with out doing the whole top end.

Thanks. I didn't feel like continuing on about the heads too. Saved me some time.

Awesome, thanks for the info, gents. How does the torque arm mount up..like a camaro?

The torque arm bolts to the rear center section of the 8.8" solid axle rear end with a few modifications. The front bracket will bolt to 8 metal tabs that will weld to aftermarket subframe connectors. Install takes roughly 4 hours if the subframe connectors are already installed.

No torque arm.

Trianglated 4 bar/link.

Same setup since 1979 to 04

He was referring to the aftermarket torque arm that I had previously mentioned, not the stock suspension setup.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks. I didn't feel like continuing on about the heads too. Saved me some time.

The torque arm bolts to the rear center section of the 8.8" solid axle rear end with a few modifications. The front bracket will bolt to 8 metal tabs that will weld to aftermarket subframe connectors. Install takes roughly 4 hours if the subframe connectors are already installed.

He was referring to the aftermarket torque arm that I had previously mentioned, not the stock suspension setup.

ahhh gotcha, thought he was gettin all chebby on me.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
to be quite honest eric, i would try and sell the impala privately....unless you can find another dealer to give you 5,000, you're gonna get hosed on trade in.

I agree. If you aren't in a huge rush then list it for private sale on Autotrader. I have bought and sold a few cars on there and have always had great experiences with it. It even has a guide on how to formulate and word your sales pitch to potential buyers which should help you out quite a bit. You will likely get more money out of it like Mook said if you do it that way.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Idk why, but Autotrader has never sold a car of mine. I've sold close to 60 on Craigslist though lol.

That's crazy. I have usually started out thinking that I would go with the cheap AT listing only to opt for the more expensive one that doesn't expire just in the off chance that it takes a while to sell the car. It always seems that when I decide to pay more money for the longer listing that I am receiving calls within 24 hours from people wanting to know more about the vehicle which kind of negated spending extra in the first place. lol I personally really like it and has worked well for me. About the only thing I have been able to sell on CL have been tools. Never had much luck with vehicles. I guess everyone's experiences are different.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I ran 235 Blizzaks on my 2004 GT with NO weight in the trunk and my car was a BAUCE in the snow. The only thing that sucked was coming to a stop on an incline. Once that happens you end up traveling up the hill sideways with the car revving around 4K the whole time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info