1994 3000GT VR4

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You gotta keep it stock, it would be such a shame if you modded that car. So rare to find one in that shape, even more rare to find one with that mileage, even more rare than that to find one that hasn't been molested.

So much want.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You thought wrong, dude.

hqdefault.jpg

pulseczar

Custom User Title
Sep 2, 2015
Channahon
I've thought about that too. It's not pristine so if I do the few things it needs I could easily sell it for 2x what I paid.

It would be a shame to ditch the stuff that made the VR4 so "special" for its time like Electronic Controlled Suspension, Active Aero, 4 wheel steering, Electronic Exhaust, etc. I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time so anything I'd do would be basic and/or reversible. For now... heh

Probably start with precats, downpipe, intake, and a tune after the 60k.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Perfect setup for that car would be, which I did on my buddies 50k mile Stealth RT/TT..

13g's--bolt on
Chrome ECU
880cc injectors
Walbro Pump
XTD Clutch
K&N
MBC
Downpipe--KEEP THE STOCK EXHAUST--sounds the best!

Thats a solid +120whp setup over stock and will cost you under 2k in parts. Best of all it will be fun and reliable.

Suspension wise, Id get some springs and keep the ECS suspension. Look into the duke3k ECS control module..its sick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp_NYa4cm0w

My buddies stealth I did for him..50k original miles with the setup i listed above. Its a great cruiser.
DsPJ9UL.jpg

pulseczar

Custom User Title
Sep 2, 2015
Channahon
Perfect setup for that car would be, which I did on my buddies 50k mile Stealth RT/TT..

13g's--bolt on
Chrome ECU
880cc injectors
Walbro Pump
XTD Clutch
K&N
MBC
Downpipe--KEEP THE STOCK EXHAUST--sounds the best!

Thats a solid +120whp setup over stock and will cost you under 2k in parts. Best of all it will be fun and reliable.

Suspension wise, Id get some springs and keep the ECS suspension. Look into the duke3k ECS control module..its sick.

My buddies stealth I did for him..50k original miles with the setup i listed above. Its a great cruiser.

Saw your shop recommended on 3SI too. I've been waiting for your next vids on YT. Love your VR4.

Can your shop do the 60k service? Rather have it done by a 3S expert than learn as I go.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Saw your shop recommended on 3SI too. I've been waiting for your next vids on YT. Love your VR4.

Can your shop do the 60k service? Rather have it done by a 3S expert than learn as I go.

yep..we can do the 60k for you.

Have you seen our shop reviews?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/autotecx-auto-repair-chicago

https://www.yelp.com/biz/accurate-auto-repair-skokie-4 new location.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/skokie-car-wash-skokie gotta keep your car clean too..:D

Hit me up if/when you decide to have the work done.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I've thought about that too. It's not pristine so if I do the few things it needs I could easily sell it for 2x what I paid.

It would be a shame to ditch the stuff that made the VR4 so "special" for its time like Electronic Controlled Suspension, Active Aero, 4 wheel steering, Electronic Exhaust, etc. I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time so anything I'd do would be basic and/or reversible. For now... heh

Probably start with precats, downpipe, intake, and a tune after the 60k.

But why though? None of that stuff is going to make it fast or more enjoyable, so there's really no reason to do it. I urge you to reconsider and either sell it to someone that appreciates the OEM minty-ness, or keep it completely OEM. OR do whatever you want, however it would be a shame to molest such a rare car.

pulseczar

Custom User Title
Sep 2, 2015
Channahon
But why though? None of that stuff is going to make it fast or more enjoyable, so there's really no reason to do it. I urge you to reconsider and either sell it to someone that appreciates the OEM minty-ness, or keep it completely OEM. OR do whatever you want, however it would be a shame to molest such a rare car.

Stock, by today's standards, these cars aren't really quick or fast. Precats and dp free up a good amount of hp on VR4s and are easy to swap back to stock. Good place to start. Hardly "molesting" it by my definition. Nothing I would ever do would be irreversible or extreme.

Still, nothing is definite. I have thought about "restoring" it and keeping it stock enough. I've seen cars with almost 3x this mileage sell for thousands more than I paid so I jumped on it. If these things start appreciating significantly I'd have some thinking.

I had a 89 Turbo Trans Am. Those were rare- 1550 ever sold. I've done the modded rare car thing before.

Thread Info