🔧 BUILD 1993 Mustang Coupe Turbo Build

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Picked up a new car in February, its a reef blue 1993 mustang coupe. The car has no rust, low mileage (43,000), and is straight (aside from a few dings here and there). I got the car from North Carolina. It came with a lot of extras which was nice. Came with full (new) black interior and a built rear and k member setup. I already have started working on it. Entire front end has been taken off and sold. Replacing it will be a complete Team Z setup in chromoly. I'll also probably end up using a motor plate. As for the rear I already have sitting in the garage wolfe racecraft rear components including mini tubs, strange shocks, uppers/lowers, bushings, shock crossmember, chute mount, stroud 430 chute with air launcher, and through the floor connectors....

The plan for the car is to do the chassis work first (both front and rear), then the motor and turbo plumbing.

Dave @ Buckley Motorsports is doing the chassis work on the car, I just dont have time and he is a much better welder than I am. If anyone needs anything done to their car he does all chassis related work, he has also done a few other members cars with great results, they may chime in if they want. I can get you in contact with him if anyone wants, his prices are VERY fair.

Here are a few pictures. As you can see the entire interior is stripped and today, with little time I had, I starting stripping the factor sound deadner off the floor. I will have more pics this weekend when the front suspension comes in. Keep checking for updates! I'll update the thread from start to finish.

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Havent updated in a while so I thought I would check back in here. Parts are piling up and the car is off at the chassis shop. Dave @ Dave Buckley Motorsports is doing the cage in the car, some of the best work I have seen around Illinois. We have decided to do a 25.5 in the car. We will also be doing a ford 9" rear, trunk area, parachute mount, firewall, steering column w/ quick release and some other trick stuff. We are hoping to have the car done in a few weeks. I will be updating pictures of the build frequently as both I will be taking pictures and dave also.

New Strange 9" rear end with 35 spline axles, spool, nodular carrier, ect

New fuel cell/water tank combo from Donny B, he does amazing work and would recommend him to anyone needing this kind of work! Also you can see the new 325 m/t's in there.

New Aluma-star front runners. My weld r/t weldstars are on backorder for a few weeks should have them soon.

New Bolt on 5" hood I picked up from a local guy, I'll be using both dzus fastners and the stock hinges

That's all for now, updates coming very soon!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Cant wait to see it finished, it should be a beast!

Dave has really earned my respect as a fabricator/builder, I wouldnt hesitate to bring my car to him for just about anything, and there's only about a handful of people that I trust with my stuff.

Hopefully this one will be around long enough to see it run to its potential !

Thread Info