1992 LX Hatchback

SilverBullit

Reaction score
It's a Cobra clone as you can tell, overall for almost a 20 year old car is in pretty good shape. Interior is a 9/10 and exterior an 8.5/10. The wheels are in decent shape but alittle rough IMO. For the most part a pretty stock 5.0

62k miles
cai
24lbs injectors
Cobra manifold
msd cap and rotor
9mm ford racing wires
msd coil
O/R H-pipe
2 chamber flowmasters
Eibach sportlines
4 wheel disk
Nitto 555's all the way around
Aftermarker cd player
1 10 inch sub
5% tint on back 2 windows
20% on d/s and p/s windows
3.08's
Ash try door is fixed also I know it isn't in the pic.

Only difference is it has the msd cap and rotor, coil, and red ford racing wires

Will consider a partial trade for a harley sportster 883 or 1200 +cash, let me know what you have. Would like something 2000 and up.

Price 8k Or Best Offer

Thanks Shaun (916) 612-2166 call or text with any questions

OP
SilverBullit

SilverBullit

Reaction score
Thank you, forgot to mention. The car has a alarm and the a/c and heat still work great. It has auto windows and door locks.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Nice looking car, good luck with the sale!

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Reaction score
I love that color. Good luck with the sale, it should sell really fast.

superman

COME & SEE
Reaction score
does this car have any body issues???rust paint etc pm me if you want..

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
OMG! I wish I had $10K now more than ever!!! What an awesome car!! G/L with the sale.

-Mike

OP
SilverBullit

SilverBullit

Reaction score
All reasonable offers will be considered, I'm negotiable.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
Hey, just throwing this out there, would you be interested in a 2009 black GT with 14K miles. Only mods are FRPP K-springs, Flowmaster axlebacks, and a CDC classic front chin spolier. Your car plus cash on your end? Doesn't hurt to try, I guess.

-Mike

OP
SilverBullit

SilverBullit

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, gorgeous car. Looking more for a Harley or outright sale. I appreciate your offer though.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
No problem, after posting I realized that the payoff would be over $19K, I think that defeats the whole purpose for your thread here, LOL! Good luck with the sale, if I come up with something I'll let you know.

-Mike

phorty

Reaction score
Nice! I just sold my real '93 Cobra. This is a nice cheaper alternative. Any info on when the clone conversion was done and what parts were used? What rear disc does it have? Are those real 93 Cobra wheels?

OP
SilverBullit

SilverBullit

Reaction score
No problem, after posting I realized that the payoff would be over $19K, I think that defeats the whole purpose for your thread here, LOL! Good luck with the sale, if I come up with something I'll let you know.

-Mike
Thanks!

Nice! I just sold my real '93 Cobra. This is a nice cheaper alternative. Any info on when the clone conversion was done and what parts were used? What rear disc does it have? Are those real 93 Cobra wheels?
I don't know when the clone was done, I was told that the guy who did it used factory ford parts but not 100% sure. The rear disk look just like the fronts, stockers in my eyes. As for the wheels, if they are real will they just have a ford stamp on them somewhere? Thanks for the nice words. :biggthump

phorty

Reaction score
Thanks!

I don't know when the clone was done, I was told that the guy who did it used factory ford parts but not 100% sure. The rear disk look just like the fronts, stockers in my eyes. As for the wheels, if they are real will they just have a ford stamp on them somewhere? Thanks for the nice words. :biggthump
Not sure about all the panel/ground effects but the rear valance is easy to figure out. It hangs a bit lower than the aftermarket copies. The aftermarket ones were designed to utilize a regular LX cat-back. The OEM valance will rub on LX pipes. Most people have a longer hangers welded on to make LX tailpips fit. Since you have aftermarket pipes, you could figure it out by looking at how they were set-up.

The wheels shouldn't be too hard. You could probably match part numbers by hunting around on eBay. Another way- the offset is different than a normal OEM fox wheel (or replica 93 cobra wheel). As a result, they had to use a different rotor up front. The rotor "hat" is thicker by 3.4" which pushes the wheels out further to align them properly with the fender. To rememdy this issue for the rear, they used a T-bird Turbo Coupe rear end which has axles that stick out 3/4" further on each side. So, if you were to stick factory '93 cobra wheels on a stock 5.0, they wheels would tuck too far under the fenders and likely rub. Other than SVO's, 93 Cobras were the only fox mustangs with rear discs.

This site has a ton of info- www.1993cobra.com

EDIT: let me say that this is the nicest 93 clone I have seen. Very well done. And tasteful, too, which is the most important thing to me. Let me know if you would have any interest on a nice 93 notch in trade...

OP
SilverBullit

SilverBullit

Reaction score
thanks for the great info, alot of stuff I didnt know. I'm trying to get out of the Mustang theme for a while until after I get a house and settle down. Also would like a change and have a bike. You had to say the word "notch" though, damn you lol. Pics and info?

rz79

Reaction score
I have a buddy lookin to trade is harley for a hatch! ZOMG im tryin to call him now!

rz79

Reaction score
Ok passed you number along. A guy named chris should be calling you like, now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom